• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MMMMMMM

hudsonvalley

MMMM...Ember
Got them today. Yeah, they are fresh but delicious. I am not sure how they will ever get old.

This sounds pretty good. Are you going to give us a review?

OK, hurry up and review these. I have been curious as to how they smoke...wondering if they are worthy. ;)

Thanks for the concise review ;)

I wish they still made the No. 4 :(

Sorry for the lack of detail, mi hermanos. As I said I am not sure but guess they are 04 from the box code. I know less about cigars than most all of you but I do know delicious when I taste it. They have that distinct profile that I am coming to love.

More specifically these are the Coronas Major A/T ring:42 lenghth:. 5 1/8. I am calling them petite coronas but perhaps there is a more exact term for this size. My focus is on the flavor, not the catagory niceties. Rich, lots of smoke in the draw, nutty and smooth. Much better than the RyJ of the nearly similar size.

I was gifted one of these a few weeks ago by a BOTL at the table at JR's. It just blew me away. Now that one was a '98 so I did not expect these to be that good but they WERE. Perfect construction, not a tight one yet. Perfect burns. For four bucks a pop how could you go wrong?

I bought 5 boxes of the hand rolled version from ECA(Upmann Factory) and they are 02's. Not quite as complex as the real Upmann Petite Corona but still a great buy, and a tasty smoke.

Well the reason I asked was ...
'

They were on the disco block for the end of '03. And all my sources with a good price have dried up except ... 1. And they aren't from '04. I'm just wondering if my info is wrong?

edit: WAIT .... 4 bucks ea. ... that price is to good to be true. No WAY!

let me see ....

'04 upmann pc's
+ $100 a box

= counterfeit :0

I hope my addition sucks .... :sign:

cohibasurfer said:
let me see ....

'04 upmann pc's
+ $100 a box

= counterfeit :0

I hope my addition sucks .... :sign:
[snapback]220353[/snapback]​

Keep in mind, he said that they were H Upmann Coronas Major A/T. I have seen the hand-finished versions for as little as $103. I have not seen the "totalamente a mano" version for less than $140. I agree, if they were indeed H Upmann Petite Coronas for $100 there would be real cause for concern.

Just my 0.02.

Yep, hudson corrected himself as the title was misleading. I believe the pc was discontinued a couple of years ago along with the #4 :(

hudsonvalley said:
Sorry for the lack of detail, mi hermanos. 

More specifically these are the Coronas Major A/T  ring:42 lenghth:. 5 1/8. I am calling them petite coronas but perhaps there is a more exact term for this size. 
[snapback]220289[/snapback]​

Ok ... so I miss this part! I was focused on the real PC. My bad. I'll read more carefully in the future.

Thanks C-Dawg, for pointing out the obvious too! Could have been days... even weeks before I gotta clue. :blush:

There ought to be a penalty stick for misposting as I have. I am imposing it on my self. Life has enough detective work without this sort of thing. Please each of you, CS, Lucasbuck, Dawg, AVB, and Master PM me your addy and try one of these on me. Besides then Dawg can post one of his splendid reviews on these sticks.

Alrighty then. I settled down into a nice, comfortable leather chair at the Downtown Grille, ordered a Baker's on the rocks, and sat back for smoking nirvana.

H Upmann Corona Major A/T

Pulled this cigar from the aluminum tube and enjoyed that initial smell of cedar and earth. Wonderful. The wrapper was a light brown, just beyond tan. The triple cap was expertly applied, neat and even. There were no major veins and the seams were well done. The pre-light nose was of earth with a bit of sweetness and herbaceous overtones. It seemed a shame to clip the beautiful cap, but I did and was greeted with an excellent pre-light draw. We were off to a good start.

This mareva lit easily and I immediately noted that the draw stayed open and easy. Smoke production from this small cigar was excellent. Each puff produced mouthfuls of thick, rich smoke. I was able to blow some very decent smoke rings with the thick, gray smoke. The ash was firm and white and stayed on the cigar an inch at a time. The burn was utterly even, requiring no touch-ups or corrections. The cigar stayed cool throughout, allowing me to smoke it to a nub. Top-notch construction. :thumbs:

Upon initial tasting, I immediately thought of a young wine that needed time to breath before drinking. This cigar hit me with some intense tannins upon initial lighting. It was not quite harsh, but it was by no means smooth. After about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch, the flavors smoothed out and some wood and creaminess crept in. I had burned out the initial tannins and was now able to enjoy the character of the cigar. As I approached the 1/2 mark, the flavor picked up some herbaceous notes and the wood intensified. The creaminess stayed, but it simply worked to balance out the other flavors. Near the end, the wood became toasted and charred, adding a new dimension to the flavors.

This was a very enjoyable cigar. It will be outstanding after some serious aging. The tannic tastes were indicative of a young cigar. Once this cigar looses those, the creamy wood and herbaceous flavors will ROCK.

Thanks for the cigar, Tom. :D

Great review cigardawg! My mouth was watering before I even finished reading it.

hudsonvalley, no need to send me one, I bought 5 boxes.

Nice review cigardawg. The 02's I have are smoking great, no hints of youngness at all. All of my boxes had the ECA code, so they came from the Upmann factory.

The Master said:
Nice review cigardawg. The 02's I have are smoking great, no hints of youngness at all. All of my boxes had the ECA code, so they came from the Upmann factory.

The last '02 I had was nothing but tannin followed by so much charred wood I almost snuffed it. The first thing I thought was that this cigar needed some more ageing but the further I got into it ... :( . Now, that was the first and only one to this date that I've tried so there was no way I was going to pass judgement on a single stick taste. I'll reserve my final thoughts after a few more are burned.

:cool: