• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MMMMMMM

Norcal, I've smoked 2 boxes so far and have no run into one like you described...yet. As you well know, consistency can be a problem with Cuban cigars. Give them another chance and hopefully you'll like them.

Dawg, thanks for the review. It is funny, smoke flavors being so ephemeral and subjective, to read a good review and go, "Yeah, that's it". You have a gift.

And these compared to the RyJ how? When you get around to it and if you don't mind.

I guess the Master, the Surfer, and the Sheriff don't need another cigar for my penalty stick penance. Next three who want one post "Hat me" and I will send you one. PM me with your addy if not in your profile. Take the Cigardawg challenge and see if you can identify all these flavors in a cigar that is not all that complex.

hudsonvalley said:
Dawg, thanks for the review. It is funny, smoke flavors being so ephemeral and subjective, to read a good review and go, "Yeah, that's it". You have a gift.

And these compared to the RyJ how? When you get around to it and if you don't mind.

I guess the Master, the Surfer, and the Sheriff don't need another cigar for my penalty stick penance. Next three who want one post "Hat me" and I will send you one. PM me with your addy if not in your profile. Take the Cigardawg challenge and see if you can identify all these flavors in a cigar that is not all that complex.
[snapback]229611[/snapback]​

Hey Hudson, I didn't mean to come across as unappreaciative. I thank you for your offer, but saw no need for any such penalty. Again I am sorry for not posting some sort of reply. It was a very schweet offer on your behalf! :thumbs:

Enjoy fellow receipiants, and please post your reviews.

Good grief ... it took me forever to find this thread again. Thanks Hudsonvalley, the smoke arrived on Tuesday and I'll give it a try either tonight or this weekend. Can't wait to give this another try :thumbs:

:cool:

Well, it's only been three month but I finally made time to smoke the cigar that Hudson gifted me. I smoked it the Friday night before Christmas with a group of friends we had over for a little christmas party. I made a huge pot of Chicken Jambalaya, rice and few bottles of wine selected especially for this evening. Outside the evening was beautiful, almost t-shirt weather, so I broke out the humidor and offered a smoke to each guest, I took the H. Upmann.

This one didn't taste like the last on I had, no charred wood or tannins. It was a decent smoke for the first half, nothing really special and I was kind of wishing I was smoking one of the Casa Fuente's one of my guests gifted me, when all of a sudden ... Hey, what happened to my cigar? It took on a complete different character with a very nice taste. Now, I don't generally nub my cigars as I don't care for the nicotine taste at the end of a cigar but this baby was just getting better and better as it continued to burn. I was quite surprised the way this smoke was evolving, like a good bottle of wine where the last glass is better than the first and you wish there was more.

All in all a much better smoke than the first one of these that I had and quite a pleasurable cigar. Thanks again HudsonValley!

NorCalCigarLover said:
like a good bottle of wine where the last glass is better than the first and you wish there was more.
[snapback]271596[/snapback]​

Every Wino I have ever met thinks the exact same thing. Buhahahahaha :sign: