• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Moist-N-Aire Problem

txraddoc

I searched here and couldn't find an answer. I have a Moist-N-Aire unit in a 3000 count humidor which is about 6 feet tall and 18" width and depth. I set the unit to 70%. It comes on at 70% then runs the humidity up to 80-90% and then stops. So I get these large swings in humidity. It is at the bottom of the humidor and occupies its own shelf so there is nothing in the way of it.

I've tried adjusting it every which a way and I can't get it maintain a reasonably constant humidity. Is this thing too big for a humidor of this size or maybe I have a defective unit? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Allen

I can't imagine that's anything other than a malfunction. I have a small Hydra that does stuff like that - never did work right. I eventually found that if I set it at 40% it would eventually stabilize around 65%. But it took a loooong time. Is it under warranty?

Probably. Its pretty new but I am not sure if I even have the receipt. Thanks for the info.

Mine is always 10% above what the dial says.

Mine too, the hydra hygro is way of by 10%+.
I set it up to 80% ,my 2 other hygros read 65% ???

Moist n Air is what we sued to use. We always had issues with them...and always ended up returning them when they failed in our stores.

Now...all of our stores have Humdi-Fresh Humidifiers. Much more expensive, but you get what you pay for.