• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monster Mash Advent

Bummer that this one was blend for ya. You’re in for a treat tomorrow, though! The Chuck is an awesome smoke.
Smoke!
You know how it is. I do my best to never judge a smoke by one experience due to all the variables that come into play. That includes the best and the worst. I've really enjoyed the rest of the series so hopefully the next time take a stab at the Michael, it will show me something I would like to see

Chuck — 4 3/8 x 52 (Ecuadorian Habano Wrapper),

59°, Wednesday Midweek vherf, slight breeze, water, punch 7:45
Dry Draw - didn't get anything specific
The first third - Strong first draw, plenty of smoke, not identifying a note yet, but plenty of taste
Really struggling to get a specific note, other reviewers mentioned dark chocolate, coffee, oak, musk
I finally caught some cinnamon
The second third - good ash, taste, smoking fast, I'll be surprised if it lasts an hour.
Dark chocolate, wood,
The final third - still enjoying, but flying through the stick
Just made it to an hour. This is one of those sticks (for me) that I could never put a finger on the notes I was getting but
it was always enjoyable. Since I'm not an official Youtuber or someone trying to get subscribers, I often look at other reviewers during the second third to see what I'm missing. Sometimes it has given me an "ah-ha" moment and other times I wonder if we are smoking the same cigar.
Score: 89

20211027_193813.jpg
20211027_200854.jpg

Last edited:
Tiff — 4 3/8 x 52 (Ecuadorian Connecticut Wrapper)
54°, rain, breezy, water, punch, 3rd smoke of the day which is more than usual,
11:05 pm
Sat on a pillow that was a bit damp. (Chester/Hayden)
The first third - started nice, loads of smoke
I think the most smoke from the series for whatever it's worth
Definitely a Connecticut
Toast, wood, nutty, earthy, hay, dryness on the tongue
Not quite in my wheelhouse but everything about it seems right over the first inch. getting one note I can’t put a finger on (that seems to be a recurring theme lol).
The second third - if it were a beer, it would be a double IPA or a strong wheat (unfortunately these are not beers I seek out)
I read a big-time reviewer and couldn’t keep track of all the notes he mentioned.
Smoking a little fast.
Today I bought a Bowmore 12 and it is excellent. That's a freebie for you.
This is all over my tongue and the roof of my mouth
Construction and ash seem spot on, one minor touch up
Retrohale has been enjoyable
The ash will fall when i mess with the band, a miracle it was 50 minutes in before the ash fell
Enjoying more
Moved closer to a woody note
Still tons of smoke
The final third - graham cracker?, nice on retro
The best draw yet
You tell me, everything about this rates as an excellent stick I smoked it to the nub, but it's just not quite my thing
12:20 for a 75 minute smoke
Score: ?? 91, but not sure I would ever seek it out
20211028_225623.jpg
20211028_234202.jpg
Pictures to follow

Last edited:
I am really enjoying these and will refer back to them after I smoke each of mine.

I am really enjoying these and will refer back to them after I smoke each of mine.
I hope to kind of do the same thing to see if my view of the cigar notes has any consistency or come from a horror flick. So I'd write another review then compare them.

I wonder if this is the longest string of reviews on CP I admire the dedication sir.
Thanks I appreciate it. I should have given myself more time so I could take off days or smoke something else. Smoking the Bride tonight so tomorrow nights vherf I can relax and have something different. Say a Bishops Blend!

Bride — 5 5/8 x 49 (Connecticut Broadleaf Rosado Wrapper)
52°, 8:35, water but I have a pour of Wild Turkey Rare Breed for the final third,
How to do a weak v cut? let me show you
Some mist in the air along with an occasional wind
There was a vein near the cap that I thought might bug me, but never gave it a thought during the smoke
The first third - nice light, plenty of smoke, nice initial notes
Retrohale had some pepper
Sweetness is there
Maybe even some salt, but not getting any specific notes
Another review mentioned creamy, sweet cedar, and molasses
Nearing an inch in and I do like it.
The second third - enjoying a sweet tobacco, cereal, graham cracker
This is working its way into one of my favorites from the series
As usual, I feel like I’m rushing a bit
The final third - ready to clip and purge
Opens up and tastes great, chocolate?
The first taste of Rare Breed with one small cube is mighty nice.
Like many times before I feel the final third is the best
Probably my favorite monster from the mash
10:03 for an 87-minute stick
Score: 94
20211029_201826.jpg
20211029_205633.jpg
20211029_215913.jpg

Last edited:
Bride — 5 5/8 x 49 (Connecticut Broadleaf Rosado Wrapper)
52°, 8:35, water but I have a pour of Wild Turkey Rare Breed for the final third,
How to do a weak v cut? let me show you
Some mist in the air along with an occasional wind
There was a vein near the cap that I thought might bug me, but never gave it a thought during the smoke
The first third - nice light, plenty of smoke, nice initial notes
Retrohale had some pepper
Sweetness is there
Maybe even some salt, but not getting any specific notes
Another review mentioned creamy, sweet cedar, and molasses
Nearing an inch in and I do like it.
The second third - enjoying a sweet tobacco, cereal, graham cracker
This is working its way into one of my favorites from the series
As usual, I feel like I’m rushing a bit
The final third - ready to clip and purge
Opens up and tastes great, chocolate?
The first taste of Rare Breed with one small cube is mighty nice.
Like many times before I feel the final third is the best
Probably my favorite monster from the mash
10:03 for an 87-minute stick
Score: 94
View attachment 48471
View attachment 48472
View attachment 48473
Yes!!! Great smoke!!

Mummy — 6 1/4 x 47 (Sun Grown Criollo Wrapper)
Love the band, but it is very light in color
Smoking during a midweek vherf, so we'll see what I forget (like taking a picture during the smoke and paying attention to how long it took. Pretty sure it was about 90 minutes. Blame Chester, Floyd, and Hayden.
Pairing with water, but did have a little Ardbeg toward the end
I thought I caught some cayenne on the dry draw, but didn't notice it the rest of the smoke
The first third had a nice smooth taste with plenty of smoke. And that right there could be the whole review.
Ash fell pretty quickly, but every time I searched for notes, I felt that it was tasty and smooth.
The second third was more of the same.
And believe it or not, so was the last third. I thought I was picking up some pepper at the end, but overall it was a smooth,
enjoyable smoke. Boring review? Maybe, but it is what it is.
The review from Halfwheel threw out cedar, earth, chocolate, cinnamon, nutty, and creamy. So...there's that.
I would recommend this for a new smoker or for anyone looking for a relaxing 90 minutes. I'd give it a 91
It's funny, as many of you know, I do photography for a serious hobby in retirement, but getting a good image with my phone escapes me. :)
Next up: Jason

View attachment 48202
I loved this one. Very spicy to start for me then mellowed into some cedar and mostly chocolate notes. I’d put it right there with the Drac.

Tatuaje Monster Mash Creature — 5 3/8 x 48 (Undisclosed Wrapper)
54°, calm, on the back porch, water, with some Angels Envy Rye at the end. 7:15
The First Third - great draw, plenty of smoke, chocolate on initial note, mild pepper
Retrohale is quite enjoyable
Like many of my reviews I sometimes feel the need to find notes that just aren't there or that I'm just not able to identify yet. I wondered if there might be some raisin or fig.
The one and only review I saw on the internet mentioned (spice, cedar, and clove)
Burning a bit uneven, interestingly it corrected itself
Loving the taste, wonder if it would pair well with coffee, a porter or ardbeg.
The second third - toast
Not identifying a lot of notes, but really enjoying the cigar
Strong and dark notes with some sweetness
The final third - I’m going to add some Angels Envy Rye
This rye is incredible
Damn this might be my favorite stick of the whole series.
There seems to be one note that I'm just not identifying, but still thoroughly enjoying.
I almost, and I mean it was close, smoked the band
8:56 for 100 minute smoke
Score: 95
Happy Halloween to all of you. Tomorrow I'm smoking an All Saints Cigar given to me by @CBoukal, then I'll give a final review of the whole experience.
20211031_185155.jpg
20211031_194452.jpg

Last edited:
Tatuaje Monster Mash Creature — 5 3/8 x 48 (Undisclosed Wrapper)
54°, calm, on the back porch, water, with some Angels Envy Rye at the end. 7:15
The First Third - great draw, plenty of smoke, chocolate on initial note, mild pepper
Retrohale is quite enjoyable
Like many of my reviews I sometimes feel the need to find notes that just aren't there or that I'm just not able to identify yet. I wondered if there might be some raisin or fig.
The one and only review I saw on the internet mentioned (spice, cedar, and clove)
Burning a bit uneven, interestingly it corrected itself
Loving the taste, wonder if it would pair well with coffee, a porter or ardbeg.
The second third - toast
Not identifying a lot of notes, but really enjoying the cigar
Strong and dark notes with some sweetness
The final third - I’m going to add some Angels Envy Rye
This rye is incredible
Damn this might be my favorite stick of the whole series.
There seems to be one note that I'm just not identifying, but still thoroughly enjoying.
I almost, and I mean it was close, smoked the band
8:56 for 100 minute smoke
Score: 95
Happy Halloween to all of you. Tomorrow I'm smoking an All Saints Cigar given to me by @CBoukal, then I'll give a final review of the whole experience.
View attachment 48521
View attachment 48522
WOW, I am so happy to read that you loved that smoke!! I was really looking forward to this new one and am happy to see your results! I will need to catch up (alot) and get this one smoked before Thanksgiving!

Great job with this Joe!! I hope it has hooked you on Tat's more than you were before!

All Saints Dedicacion Berkey, 11/1/21
46°, winter is coming (GOT), calm, 4:15, Ardbeg Uigedail
for the final third
Listening to Winterfell music
Dry draw - dark chocolate
Unfortunately I’ve heard two negative comments on this stick, so I hope that doesn't come into play in my evaluation. (It didn't)
The first third - dark chocolate, touch of chalkiness
Nice looking ash, plenty of smoke, one dimensional so far but nice
The second third - dark chocolate,
Stogie press gave it a 93 and mentioned caramel, cinnamon, maple syrup, nut, spice, cocoa, floral, and fruit. Sarcastically, not sure it was the same stick
I am not ready for winter and wind chill crap
The final third - time to clip and purge a little early but BAM
BEST DRAWS OF THE STICK
I started drinking my Uigedail and started getting meaty notes like brisket (never had that before)
Retrohale just woke me up
As usual, I smoked way too fast
43° so 3° drop in an hour,
Dropped every ash in my lap
Gotta say i enjoyed the stick, will definitely smoke another
every November 1
5:25 for a 70 minute smoke
Score: 88
Thanks Chad
20211101_163815.jpg

Last edited:
Where is the final recap with the scores on each ranked?
Michael10/26/202170
Jekyll10/23/202183
Frank10/16/202188
All Saints Dedicacion Berkey11/1/202188
Jason10/21/202189
Chuck10/27/202189
Wolf10/19/202190
Hyde10/24/202190
Face10/18/202191
Mummy10/20/202191
Krueger10/25/202191
Tiff10/29/202191
Drac10/17/202194
Bride10/30/202194
Tatuaje Monster Mash Creature10/31/202195

AtlanticCigarCo.jpg

Well, here we are at the end of the Tatuaje Monster Mash Advent. Thanks to everyone who contributed with comments, likes, and reviews ( @modo22 ). I had a good time doing it. Below is the rating I gave each stick. The majority of the scores fell between 88 and 95 which means I'd be happy with a fiver of any of these cigars, maybe even a box or two. All these scores are based on a one-time experience, pairing with water and using various cutters. The one that didn't deliver for me was the Michael, but some of you have mentioned that you liked it so I look forward to trying it again soon. The Creature and Bride were both excellent. The Drac was excellent as well, but I wonder if the novelty or different taste would wear on me over time. The rest of the core was all with 4 points which are pretty subjective/arbitrary. I look forward to trying the Frank again as many of you speak highly of it. The Jekyll, like the Drac, had many minty notes, but over the course of the smoke, it just wore on me a bit and lastly, Michael, just didn't do it for me. Obviously, the series as a whole was a great smoking experience. I saw Monster Mash sets prices between $135 and $150, so were the sticks worth $10 to $12 each? I finished the series with a gift from @CBoukal for All Saints Day. The Dedicacion was an enjoyable smoke.

Creature 95
Bride 94
Drac 94
Face 91
Mummy 91
Krueger 91
Tiff 91
Wolf 90
Hyde 90
Chuck 89
Jason 89
Frank 88
Jekyll 83 could have been a 92
Michael 70

All Saints Dedicacion Berkey 88

HalloweenJun17-16 12-32-53.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 48592

Well, here we are at the end of the Tatuaje Monster Mash Advent. Thanks to everyone who contributed with comments, likes, and reviews ( @modo22 ). I had a good time doing it. Below is the rating I gave each stick. The majority of the scores fell between 88 and 95 which means I'd be happy with a fiver of any of these cigars, maybe even a box or two. All these scores are based on a one-time experience, pairing with water and using various cutters. The one that didn't deliver for me was the Michael, but some of you have mentioned that you liked it so I look forward to trying it again soon. The Creature and Bride were both excellent. The Drac was excellent as well, but I wonder if the novelty or different taste would wear on me over time. The rest of the core was all with 4 points which are pretty subjective/arbitrary. I look forward to trying the Frank again as many of you speak highly of it. The Jekyll, like the Drac, had many minty notes, but over the course of the smoke, it just wore on me a bit and lastly, Michael, just didn't do it for me. Obviously, the series as a whole was a great smoking experience. I saw Monster Mash sets prices between $135 and $150, so were the sticks worth $10 to $12 each? I finished the series with a gift from @CBoukal for All Saints Day. The Dedicacion was an enjoyable smoke.

Creature 95
Bride 94
Drac 94
Face 91
Mummy 91
Krueger 91
Tiff 91
Wolf 90
Hyde 90
Chuck 89
Jason 89
Frank 88