• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monte Millennium

seadub

advertise here
So yesterday I needed something will a little more kick. I decided to go for a smoke with some age and one that's Full Flavour. The Montecristo Millennium Robusto (OSU AGO 00). The wrapper was gorgeous brown color, very smooth/silky and firm and spongy to the touch. The triple cap was perfect. A simple score with the cutter and the top cap flipped right off. The prelight nose was light spice/cinnamon and the draw was easy (which made me a little nervous).

mmr.jpg

The cigar lit rather easy and the smoke volume was decent, but the intensity of the smoke was rather light. From the very first draw the flavour came on very strong and exceptionally smooth. I expected a long finish and was very surprised how the tastes just tappered off. The taste was of strong, old earth/leather/tobacco. The power was there, but it was completely under control. Ash was white/grey and light and pillowy... it just fell at the halfway point. There were no abrupt changes in flavour and what I got was what I got for the entire cigar. There were times when certain very subtle flavours appeared. The only flavour I could describe was something vaguely floral.

Great cigar that delivered a fantastic punch and strong flavour. :thumbs: The only complaint I have was a rather poor burn. I did have to make a touch-up or two as the cigar failed to correct itself.

Got any more?.......................Send me one, I can let you know if the results are the same. :cool:

Great review! :thumbs: I remember when some nice guy gave me one of these for the ride down to TJ! :thumbs:

I have a sealed jar of these but just can't bring myself to open it. :blush: I think about it a lot when I remember the last one I had. But I keep telling myself, "Give them a few more years!".

Great review! :thumbs: I remember when some nice guy gave me one of these for the ride down to TJ! :thumbs:

I have a sealed jar of these but just can't bring myself to open it. :blush: I think about it a lot when I remember the last one I had. But I keep telling myself, "Give them a few more years!".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3 more years, Alan. They'll be top-notch in 3 more years. :laugh: :cool:

Thanks for the great review. :thumbs:

I have one of these left in my humi that I just cant convince myself to smoke yet.

Nice review. Looks like a great stick :). Now who has extra's ;)???

I have a humi just packed with sticks, and nothing is aged. You can count the R.P. 12 years sticks but they came that way.

But hay in a few years :thumbs:

Very nice looking stick and a nice review.

Good review Chris.

Alan should realize that some of us only have 20 odd years (perhaps a little longer) to live. Have to smoke them now :laugh:

Brian

Good review Chris.

Alan should realize that some of us only have 20 odd years (perhaps a little longer) to live. Have to smoke them now :laugh:

Brian
Brian you know we have more than twenty years to live!

Wow Chris that is an awesome smoke! Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbs: Is this the first one you have smoked? I am curious if they were or ever will be more complex. I have read some really good things about this cigar.

Brandon

Wow Chris that is an awesome smoke! Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbs: Is this the first one you have smoked? I am curious if they were or ever will be more complex. I have read some really good things about this cigar.

Brandon

I've smoked four so far and this last one was by far the best, mainly because I sat with it alone and really focused. There's quite a bit of power and very full flavour in these suckers. It will be interesting to see how they change over time. Some of the subtle flavours I detected make me wonder if those flavours will become more prominent in the future. I'll hit another one in a year... I'll update this thread ;)