• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo band

DeanoUK

Hi all,

Just got a box of Petit Monte's - they look good, and smell good.

The box is perfect from what I can see, but the cigar bands themselves are just slightly darker than normal. The tiny embossing on the label is a tad more clear too.

Box is dated Sep 2008 - all of my other MCs are pre 2008 so I can't tell if they've changed the band.

I know the bands can sometimes look a tad different, but is this a confirmed change?

Edit: Added album
Album

yes, trust your source and try not to worry.

this look like tasty petit edmundos. you should enjoy these, the recent monte pe have been the best tasting recent monte.

enjoy
cheers
drew p

I thought this was one of those "Montecristo changes the band" (not again) threads :laugh: . Congrats on the buy those look tasty and I love the PE :thumbs: .

Cheers guys. You just get so paranoid due to all the faux's out there.

Love the PE and full Edmundos equally.

Sorry to thread jack a bit but I was gifted a Monte LE 2007??? There is no LE '07 right... Fake.. ??? Will post pics on Saturday.. Looks good it's a #2 size bands look good, tripple cap..

Sorry to thread jack a bit but I was gifted a Monte LE 2007??? There is no LE '07 right... Fake.. ??? Will post pics on Saturday.. Looks good it's a #2 size bands look good, tripple cap..

Mike, sorry it's fake. It still could be a good smoke though. Light it up and let us know how it smokes.

Mike, sorry it's fake. It still could be a good smoke though. Light it up and let us know how it smokes.

There was the 2007 Montecristo "Edmundo Dante" Exclusivo Mexico Regional Edition. Here's a link: Scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

If this was what you got thank whoever gave it to you as they have been receiving rave reviews.

- Tim

Edited to add: In fact, look at Smoking Mex's sig line a few posts above - that's the one.

I have no idea why they changed the old bands a few years back

The new ones aren't really any harder to counterfeit than the old ones...and the new bands look cheap with their shiny gloss, new ho-hum font, and the new-style weird-looking fleur-de-lis.

Some of the new one's are starting to use embossing too, but they suck at lining it up. That looks like just such a stick and looks 100% legit to me.

Seriously, why would you ask this question after the end of an unrelated thread. This thread was done essentially, so there is little reason for any of the regulars to come back to it. Secondly, by asking this question here, it makes the question and answer much harder to search, making it very likely that it will be asked again.

If you have a legitimate question, start a thread.

I'd just thought I'd say, after looking in many stores (and getting quite a lot more monte's through) that there's definitely colouring differences on the bands in general - some are visibly darker than others - and it tends not to be something you can use to verify a genuine from a fake.

just got 2 boxes of monte PE last week from reputable source....all bands have the deep color and the raised embossing....box codes NOV08.

Delicious aren't they?!?!?

I'd just thought I'd say, after looking in many stores (and getting quite a lot more monte's through) that there's definitely colouring differences on the bands in general - some are visibly darker than others - and it tends not to be something you can use to verify a genuine from a fake.

The bands were changed a few years ago. This has been discussed.

<search is your friend> ;)

Seems to me there will always be variation in color. The first in a row and last in a row vary the most, hence they arrange each box by color.