• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montesino question

beaucredo

hard work and self sacrifice
I recently had my first Montesino diplomatico natural, and loved it. I looked on atlanticcigars, and the box is very well priced, but I noticed that the Napolean Grande is cheaper, and in a size I normally like more. So, my question is is it the same blend as the diplomatico, and can I expect similar tastes between the two sizes, knowing that tates change across sizes. Thanks in advance guys!

It doesn't appear that this is a sale price or anything because both CI and Famous have comparable prices. They DO have different, more plain bands so my thoughts are that it's probably a sandwich, second, or lower grade cigar.

It doesn't appear that this is a sale price or anything because both CI and Famous have comparable prices. They DO have different, more plain bands so my thoughts are that it's probably a sandwich, second, or lower grade cigar.

Couldn't be further from the truth. This was the first cigar the Fuente Family started producing from the Dominican Republic, I believe in the early 80's. It is a mild-medium bodied smoke that are, like most Fuente products, consistently good from box to box, year to year.

Personally, I like the Numero 1 natural, but find the Montesino line is extremely well made and very flavorful across all of their lines. You'd be hard pressed to find a better value cigar IMHO.

Jack, I think you misconstrued my thoughts about the particular size that Leo is asking about here. It appears that the Napoleon Grande is inferior to the rest of the Montesino line based on what I've seen.

The reason why the Napoleon grand is cheaper... it's a mixed filler (sandwich type) bundled cigar. In my opinion, the Diplomatico is the best of the line and is also one of the best non Cuban value cigars on the market. I haven't looked in a while but I think 25ct boxes still go for somewhere in the neighborhood of $50-60. I really like these after lunch.

edited to add... if you want to try some, check out the 5pk section of JR, $2-2.50 a stick in 5s

Jack, I think you misconstrued my thoughts about the particular size that Leo is asking about here. It appears that the Napoleon Grande is inferior to the rest of the Montesino line based on what I've seen.

You're right, I missed the Napoleon reference, and thought your were talking about the entire Montesino line, sorry, my mistake for not reading the entire post.

Thanks guys! I think a box of diplomaticos are in my future. They have great flavor at a very reasonable price.