• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montesino Sun Grown

kevpriest

Clueless Noob
One of the local retailers here in Atlanta sells their Opus X for MSRP, but only in bundles with other cigars, which seems reasonable to me. I grabbed a baggy last time I was in the shop and it was a pretty nice selection: 2 CR Centrofino Sun-Growns, an Anejo (not sure what size it was), an FFOX, and something I'd never tried before: A Montesino Sun-Grown Torpedo. The whole baggy was $35.

Tonight I pulled the MSG out and fired it up. It was a nicely wrapped torpedo, and it smelled great. Clearly a Fuente cigar, but I already kind of figured it was based on it being in the baggy with the others. I was very impressed with this cigar! I'd had a super powerful cigar this morning (LFD Double Ligero Chisel) and this somewhat milder cigar (not mild, just milder than the LFD) really hit the spot. And it had all those characteristic Fuente flavors that I enjoy so much in some of the other lines.

I liked it so much I went to check out how much they are, figuring they must be really expensive, given the great experience I'd just had. To my surprise, they're not that bad at all! CI has them under $5 a piece.

This is definitely a cigar I'll keep an eye out for. I don't know if they hit CBid as fivers often, but I'll be checking. :)

our shop carries these ...3 sizes on the shelf right now

price range is $7-$9

if you cant find them ill make a trade with ya

Thanks, Outlaw, but I think I've found some. I'll be picking a few up to let rest for awhile.