• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

More prayers please

Thank you all for the prayers, thoughts and good wishes. You’re brotherly love has been a tremendous source of strength for us. You have our deepest, heartfelt thanks.

By now, you may have guessed the nature of this situation. For reasons I hope to understand, Matthew had taken 60+ of his grandmother’s pills. Everything from morphine based pain pills to drugs that lower blood pressure and some that slow the heart and we’re still trying to determine what else. By the time they got to pumping his stomach, they had all been absorbed into his system. His BP dropped to 60/30 and his heart rate was as low as 20 bpm.

The fact that he’s still with us miraculous and high praise goes to his girlfriend. He had apparently told her that he was going to do something, so after calling 911 this little 5’3, 106 lb linebacker kicked in the back door and dragged him into the front yard to the paramedics as they were arriving.

His BP has finally been stabilized, his heart appears to be ok and he’s been transferred out of ICU, but now I’m fighting with the hospital staff to get him into the right inpatient facility. He’ll need to be hospitalized for several weeks so please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Prayers sent Mike, good luck in the days to come!

My family extends its wishes for your son and your family to get better in every way that matters.

UPDATE
Matthew is going to be fine physically; there was no damage to his organs. Several members of the hospital staff have expressed their amazement that he’s still with us.
He’s been transferred to another facility to help him understand why this happened and how to prevent it from happening again. Of course, I’ve told him that if he ever did this again I’d kill him…

Today is Julie’s Birthday and we have so much to celebrate.

I'm glad he's come through physically. Still sending the well wishes for the recovery that's still to come. Hang in there. :)