• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

More than Jocko, Farrah or Ed

If you have not seen "Fog of War" all should. What a way to see into the soul of this man.

EDIT: RIP

Wow. That brought back some memories. Too young to serve, but remember the times.

I wonder how many recognized the name before clicking the link?

Wow. That brought back some memories. Too young to serve, but remember the times.

I wonder how many recognized the name before clicking the link?

Indeed. Saigon fell the year before I became eligible for military service, although IIRC, the draft had ceased two years earlier. Turbulent, tragic times, those.

~Boar

Never cared for the man. In fact, a real chicken sh!t if you believe his mea culpa, & a real SOB if you don't.

McNamara acted in both good and bad ways...
If Kennedy and McNamara didnt act the way they did, and handle the situations presented to them the way they did (Cuban Missle Crisis), the world would be a very different place.
Yet he played up the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and convinced congress and the public to allow military action in Vietnam.

I wasnt born for another 23 years after he resigned as SoD ('68)...but I think that his actions affected the way that the world was able to opperate, and opperates today.
Its hard to label him, or his actions, and say that he did more good than bad, or vice versa.
Eitherway he played a prominent role in modern society.

RIP

(Haha, I guess I actually learned something in my Mod. US History class this year)

EDIT: Spelling