• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mozilla

blair

Reaction score
Anyone else use Mozilla as their web browser? I use Mozilla Firefox.

I ask for two reasons: 1) just curious and 2) I am wondering if anyone is having the same problem as I. Here it is... if I type out a post, and then click somewhere within the text to insert a smiley, the smiley does not insert itself at the cursor. It inserts itself at the end of the text instead. Anyone with me on this... anyone?...anyone?... ???

I use Mozilla exclusively, and used Firebird/Firefox for several months before. My advice to you is to get rid of Firefox and use the latest (non-beta) release of Mozilla. It's interface isn't quite as attractive, but it still has the same and more features, and doesn't have the bugs and quarks Firefox seems to.

I have found a similar glitch, but more specific. If I enter a 'smiley' as I'm typing, it goes in where the cursor is. If I have second (or third, fourth, etc. (I am getting older, you know)) thoughts and enter new text in the body of the message, then any new 'smileys' go to the end of the message; like after my signature, even. :D :)

see?

psyktek said:
I have found a similar glitch, but more specific. If I enter a 'smiley' as I'm typing, it goes in where the cursor is. If I have second (or third, fourth, etc. (I am getting older, you know)) thoughts and enter new text in the body of the message, then any new 'smileys' go to the end of the message; like after my signature, even. :D :)

see?
That's the same glitch as the one I was/am experiencing; you just worded it better. :thumbs:

a kindof on topic post---- looking for some feedback:

I've been using the FF browser for a week. Performance is way better than IE. but-
My cursor siezes and the machine is totally locked up for like 15-30 seconds, seems to happen in regular intervals about 10 minutes apart.

I've thought about a trojan horse, but I got firewall, virus protection, spybot S&D and privacy service all up to date and running with no issues. Likewise, does not happen when browsing w/ IE or any other app....

Running windows ME (yeah I know, but I aint got the patience to load a new os, I'm too old for trying to keep up w/ registry settings) :angry:

Any ideas?

half full monty said:
a kindof on topic post---- looking for some feedback:

I've been using the FF browser for a week. Performance is way better than IE. but-
My cursor siezes and the machine is totally locked up for like 15-30 seconds, seems to happen in regular intervals about 10 minutes apart.

I've thought about a trojan horse, but I got firewall, virus protection, spybot S&D and privacy service all up to date and running with no issues. Likewise, does not happen when browsing w/ IE or any other app....

Any ideas?
Strange problem. I haven't heard of that issue. You may check the Mozilla website to see if anyone has reported any similar issues.

Running windows ME (yeah I know, but I aint got the patience to load a new os, I'm too old for trying to keep up w/ registry settings) :angry:

Keep up with what registry settings? Your typical computer user doesn't need to modify the registry at all, for any OS.