• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Must Buy Cigars when offered at a discount (top 5-10)

FunkyCold5

Whaddup!!!!!
I don't know about you guys, but whenever I do any traveling....business or pleasure, I try to plan my trip around places to eat and cigar shops.

Every now and then you find a great deal from a B&M. Now, this deal is so great that you have to buy a box of it or ALL that was available without considering personal budget constraints.

With that in mind, what are your top 5 cigars (if you have 10, then go for 10) that you will not hesitate to buy when offered to you at $1 per stick below retail (that's after tax and all that jazz) or roughly 10-20% off box prices (if this doesn't tickle your fancy, what % would)? Please don't include HTF sticks, cuz we all know we are willing to pay 10-20% more than what it is worth, at least I know I would.

Ex. From what I could find, retail for a box of DC Max Robustos are $170-$180 (this is from cigarcyclopedia site)? What if you can get this between $130-$150?

My top 5-10 list:
Ashton VSG
Illusione
Diamond Crown Maximus
Cabaiguan
Tatuaje
Arturo Fuente Hemingways
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos
Padron Anniversary Natural or Maduro
Perdomo ESV '91 Maduro
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero
Oliva V (these are cheap enough, but if I can get it at a discount, OH YEAH!)

Andrew

I'll buy anything on sale. Best sale finds so far have been 2 boxes of Sopranos Boss (@ $6 a stick) and some DC naturals for $3/ea. But no matter where I go, I'm always checking the VSG's and Fuentes (got the MSRP sheets on my phone). :blush:

Derek

-> If only Sam's Club had cigars...

I'll buy anything on sale. Best sale finds so far have been 2 boxes of Sopranos Boss (@ $6 a stick) and some DC naturals for $3/ea. But no matter where I go, I'm always checking the VSG's and Fuentes (got the MSRP sheets on my phone). :blush:

Derek

Derek,

smart thinking bro! If only my phone wasn't a POS & would save somethin like that! :laugh:

-Aaron

Derek

That is a good idea. Thanks

I love the Tat cazadores. Few months ago, I got 15 of them at $6.50 apiece on the Famous closeout page. That's my kinda deal.

I also look for DPG JJs or Blue imperiales on the Joe's Daily deal.

Finally, my favorite B&M (OVTC in Northern Va.) frequently has events in which they discount brands like LFD or LGC and I usually snap up a few.