• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MX's HomeBrewing thread - Thread name Change

[Thread jack on]
I found you on HBT, I joined and purchased the (Vessel)  ;).
I think that I might have found a new hobby.

[Thread jack off]

awesome!!!!

The control box is in the shop, hope to have it back in a week or so, then we can get this crap going.

Think I am going to paint the brew stand this week and get stuff mounted, also need to wire the elements in the kettles.

Tim

Ok, found someone to finish the control box for me, so that is good.
Started painting the brew stand, so I can get the pumps and stuff mounted.

Should be able to build the element cables and get them wired up this week as well.

Next week, dry run, and last parts order, so the brew side of the house should be done then on to the fermentation side.

Tim

206273d1403048177-rebuilding-again-imageuploadedbyhome-brew1403048176.708742.jpg

Got the first coats of paint o the brew stand, should be able to get the pumps mounted this weekend or 1st of next week, then I can start the plumbing.
Need to call the shop about the control box if I do no thear from them today.

Tim, If you're interested I'll give you some rubber floor mats. I purchased them from Lowes and they didn't work for what I needed em for. Did I mention FREE!
Text me :)

10453704_1501625706733744_1310905303_n.jpg

A little bit of progress in the last few days.
Need a few cam locks to finish the plumbing and wet test.
Still waiting on the Control Panel to get back from the shop, need to call them tomorrow and see if they are still shelving it, and make arrangements if they are.

My rubber matting looks AWESOME in person, even the wife thinks so....

Tim

Back to the drawing board for my control panel...the electic shop called and they have no time to look at it.

:sigh:

T

So, the control panel is all done, and hooked up.
Need to plumb the CFC, and wire the element connections and then the brewery is done.

Next up is the ferm chamber, working with the scrap plywood I have, and should have the bulk of the walls, top and bottom done this week. Then I will get the rest of the stuff and get it finished.

Ordered 6 pin lock kegs today for the Keezer that I will start in a few weeks.

It is all coming together, and I shold be brewing in less than a month.

T

Pugman1943 said:
This is how Werner Von Braun get started, putzing in his garage.

Brewing is far from Rocket science.. haha

Lots of little things to finish up, lots of little things went wrong Friday and Saturday, but late Saturday afternoon saw a turn around and some progress was made. Just hope to carry it through on Sunday

Love reading through this thread Tim, glad you finally got that control box wired!

My keezer is just waiting on the collar and then it'll be up and running.

Start looking for deals locally now, because when you have time on your side you can wait for a great price on a freezer.

I personally cross shopped Best Buy to Home Depot, and HD matched the price, and I got free delivery.

So, late updat!

Last weekend I got a 7cf Chest Freezer and a 22 CF Over/Under Fridge for total of $200.

Keezer is built, Finished this weekend while brewing my first batch American Amber-ish.

Fridge is wide eunff to put to 60LB Vittles Vaults side by side, and ferment, and I built an STC-1000 controller for ther fridge and the beer is chugging away at 18.5c (65.3f)

Planning the next brew already, Coffee and Milk Stout.

T

Been lazy updating this thread.

The Keezer is built

The first brew is on the gas and should be ready this weekend.

The next brew day is on hold while the Army plays silly games with my time.
Did get to brew last week with Backslide, had an an amazing time, and he has a great set up that he is dialling in very well.

T

Looking good T(roll). Can't wait to drink all your beer.

P.S. just kegged the beer we brewed. :) the little sample out or the fermenter was amazing.

Going to pop the top onthe Citra EXP today.....I am sure it will total crap, but because I like you I will force it down my neck anyway....

also Hops should be in today, will let you know when I have confirmation

Jason, you beer was amazing!

You have helped more than you know in the conversion of my wife into a Hop-Head.

Now, I need help with a name for an IPA with four different hops that has a death or grim reaper theme