• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Basement Lounge Project is Officially Underway

Bran new here, but wanted to add my appreciation of your updates. I look forward to them. I currently have a sunroom for my mancave. Works fine for the summer/spring/fall. We'll see about the winter as it has screened windows. Don't wanna add an hvac to close it off. Probably a good space heater. Keep the updates and photos coming!

Welcome to CP then from West Virginia!

Do us a favor and go over to the "Introduce Yourself Here" forum and tell us a little about yourself. It's considered tradition here, as we like to know who's joining CP.

As far as the sun room goes............If you close all of the windows and just open one enough to stick a box fan in(exhausting out) and seal the openings around it with a towel. You can then crack a window on the other side of the room, or room nearby. Smoke right next to the fan and you'll never know you were smoking in the room, all without too much heat loss in the winter. Sucks the smoke right out through the fan.

Bran new here, but wanted to add my appreciation of your updates. I look forward to them. I currently have a sunroom for my mancave. Works fine for the summer/spring/fall. We'll see about the winter as it has screened windows. Don't wanna add an hvac to close it off. Probably a good space heater. Keep the updates and photos coming!

Welcome to CP then from West Virginia!

Do us a favor and go over to the "Introduce Yourself Here" forum and tell us a little about yourself. It's considered tradition here, as we like to know who's joining CP.

As far as the sun room goes............If you close all of the windows and just open one enough to stick a box fan in(exhausting out) and seal the openings around it with a towel. You can then crack a window on the other side of the room, or room nearby. Smoke right next to the fan and you'll never know you were smoking in the room, all without too much heat loss in the winter. Sucks the smoke right out through the fan.

This is sound advice. In my last house I had to smoke in the garage and sometimes you could smell it in the house. Finally I cracked the garage door about 6", put a 12" fan on the floor in front of it and set it to medium. You could literally see the smoke travel down to the floor and blown out. She never complained again. Although I did get pretty cold sometimes. :)

Wow.. been a long time since I updated. Didn't actually work on the room at all from the time I last updated until the first week of January. Between the birth of my second son and work being crazy just couldn't find time.

Since the first week in January I ran all the HVAC, the exhaust fan, boxed in the ducting, drywalled/mudded/sanded, etc. This past Friday I painted the room and Saturday afternoon we got the floor in (floor only took us about 2 hours..)

It's finally almost done! All I have left is baseboard, the door (might do the door today)
and then my built in cabinet under the soffit (where the angle is from the duct run).

This is the view from the doorway. Currently I have only the two chairs, however I am working on getting either a leather loveseat or two more chairs. You can see a little of where the vent is for the exhaust fan on the top of the pic.
lounge01.jpg

This picture is for Cigary.. since I know he loves Hannah Montana. Picked up this Panasonic Plasma from Best Buy.. right as the Blizzard of 2010 was starting, it was an open box display for like $599 and I offered $500. The manager took the deal since she knew she'd have no customers all weekend.
lounge02.jpg

My Stinky. Thanks Bill!
lounge03.jpg

The TV again with REAL programming. The cable is temporary. I didn't get my cable box yet. The actual cables are running through the wall, but I needed to run some coaxial up to the TV for the big game.
lounge04.jpg

View from where the built in shelving will be. The recess in the back (on the right side -- see picture 1) will eventually be a full wall cabinet humidor. Decided to bring in the 1905 La Corona Cuban cabinet to fill some space.
lounge05.jpg

Just some stuff on the coffee table. The room has like 6 ashtrays now. :)
lounge06.jpg

You allow people to smoke cigarettes in there? For shame!

Awesome looking room. Congrats!

You allow people to smoke cigarettes in there? For shame!

Awesome looking room. Congrats!
my only rule is they can not butt them out in the trays. Not only does it make it hard to clean, but when I dump them, the smell lingers. The vent is strong enough to remove the smell while it's happening...

not to mention, he helped me lay the floor.. :)

This is making me so jealous!!!!! Wish I had a house to do that with! :angry: :D

Honestly, this looks like a lot of fun to do. Looking real good brother! Keep us updated.

Looks gorgeous...and cozy! Love the cabinet. Congrats on the new man cave. Im jealous!

This picture is for Cigary.. since I know he loves Hannah Montana. Picked up this Panasonic Plasma from Best Buy.. right as the Blizzard of 2010 was starting, it was an open box display for like $599 and I offered $500. The manager took the deal since she knew she'd have no customers all weekend.
Now that's how you haggle. ;)

Now today I can build that same room OUTSIDE, but we have to call it an igloo. :laugh:

looks great! Everytime I tell my wife that I want a man cave she replies that I can build a shed out in the yard, haha! ....thinking I might take her up on it...

Thanks for the compliments 'gents!

For those of you who have wives willing to let you build one, inside or out.. DO IT! I've smoked so much more in that week than I have ever in the winter. The great part is, my wife used to get upset when I would smoke rather than spend time with her. Now I can do both. :)

Thanks for the compliments 'gents!

For those of you who have wives willing to let you build one, inside or out.. DO IT! I've smoked so much more in that week than I have ever in the winter. The great part is, my wife used to get upset when I would smoke rather than spend time with her. Now I can do both. :)

Sounds like a win win! Great job on everything.

Looks great! Beats the heck out of my sunporch ..er "Havana Room" ;)