• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

my buddy goes under the scalpel today

Hey Islesfan,
I'm very VERY much looking forward to getting my little man back tomorrow. I was asked to let the vet techs administer the medication and do their morning checks on Mickey before I go to pick him up; though I was given the ok to come and get him at 8am, I think it best that the routine care be taken before I bring Mickey home. I'm sure I don't need to tell you all but I am dying to bring him back to familiar ground so that he can feel at ease and in a "better place" healing in familiar surrounds.

And I miss him so.
Darren :blush:

Glad everything has turned out fine for Mickey. I know how important a dog is to someone or a family, especially as long as you've had him. Best of luck in his recovery.

Brian

Hello everyone. I'm happy to pass along this update to you all. Mickey is back in his loving home and is currently recuperating nicely in his favorite bed. He's got staples where the sun don't shine (OUCH!) and he's still verrrry tender, but I'm confident (as this is his 2nd time for a cyctotomy) that he will heal up within the next 24 to 48 hours to the point where he will be feeling more like himself (in other words, begging and eating volumes of food!).

I'll send photos along to you all in the next couple of days when he's looking a bit better, but from the both of us thank you for your prayers.

They DO help!

(for the record, I smoked a victory cigar yesterday and today (La Flor Dominican robusto, and a Juan Lopez Selecion #2 this morning). Feeling pretty good now and back in the swing of things.

All the best from the boys in Wheatfield!
Darren (and Mickey)

Glad everything went well and he's home resting with his family.

We are glad to hear the good news!! May a speedy recovery be impending with lots of good eats for him and smokes for you!! :cool:

Glad to hear your little buddy is healing up at home. The dogs in my life are a source of joy that is rarely RARELY supassed by anything that most humans ever do (yes, I said MOST....not all). When they are ill or hurting, it is a terrible feeling. He'll be back to his old self soon enough!

So glad to hear that Mickey is home and doing well. It is apparent he is in a great home and I wish him a speedy recovery!