• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Contribution to the site....BBQ

Hey guys, I'm a new member here and have been looking around and love what I see. I already introduced myself in the introduction section, but I thought maybe I'd share a bit more about myself. From what I've seen from reading around the forum, this place is great. You guys all seem to be very generous and that is awesome. I'd really like to be able to contribute here, as well as learn so this is what I can do. All the people that I've met that really enjoy cigars seem to really enjoy the finer things in life. Although I'm new to cigars and can't really offer much in that respective knowledge, my thing is BBQ. I've got a business where I do mail order BBQ and Jerky. I understand the site rules regarding advertising and MODS I'm not trying to advertise my business, but instead offer my knowledge. If you guys have any questions at all regarding true BBQ, feel free to ask. I make the best you've ever had, especially my Jerky!

I've been known to make trades too! I hope this is accepted!
If you get a chance, check out my website. www.hillbillysteaks.com

E :D

Some pics of my work!
ribs1_full.jpg

bbq1_full.jpg

Trading cigars for BBQ and Jerky? I might have to try that out.

That does sound very appealing and different! :)

bfreebern said:
Trading cigars for BBQ and Jerky? I might have to try that out.
[snapback]269905[/snapback]​

Me: Plenty of cigars/no BBQ or Jerky

I sense an imbalance in my manly forces which must be remedied.

Nice site! I plan to spend a bit more time there in particular on the BBQ tips. I hate to admit it and the machoness in me is having a tough time typing this sentence...I can't grill or BBQ worth Sh*t. The Beef Jerky looks and sounds fantastic!

mmmm... beef jerky :)

However, I don't think I could get myself to trade my cigars for any ;)

What type of BBQ do you do? Pulled pork, ribs or brisket?

SabresFan said:
Nice site!  I plan to spend a bit more time there in particular on the BBQ tips.  I hate to admit it and the machoness in me is having a tough time typing this sentence...I can't grill or BBQ worth Sh*t.  The Beef Jerky looks and sounds fantastic!
[snapback]269914[/snapback]​

Cool, but if you have any questions, just send me a message or ask. I try to keep the BBQ tips updated, but you know how that goes.

theorangeman said:
mmmm... beef jerky  :)

However, I don't think I could get myself to trade my cigars for any ;)
[snapback]269915[/snapback]​

I understand. But if you tried it, you'd probably change your mind. Its the best...hands down! I don't want to sound too cocky, its just that most people when they think of Jerky, they think of that leathery type stuff you get in most convience stores. Mine is not like that. Its made from Top Round Steak, its cut thick, and very tender. Its very good!

AVB said:
What type of BBQ do you do?  Pulled pork, ribs or brisket?
[snapback]269916[/snapback]​

I do all of the above. I can also do smoked salmon, etc. Basically anything you want.

THanks for the interest guys!

Welcome Hillbilly,

Do you smoke cigars at all? If so, whats you're favorite line?

Rod

Rod said:
Welcome Hillbilly,

Do you smoke cigars at all? If so, whats you're favorite line?

Rod
[snapback]269920[/snapback]​

Yep. So far I think my favorite is the Gurhka's. I'm still really a newb when it comes to the cigars. I like the medium to full flavored ones though, that I know. Most of the cigars that I've tried are the more common ones I guess. 5 Vegas, Vegas de Fonseca which I really liked, Cohiba's, Romeo de Julieta. etc etc. OH yeah, can't forget the CAO Black's, and the Criollo's. I liked those a lot!

Most of the ones I see you guys write about that are your favorites, I haven't really heard of. Like the PAM.

AVB said:
What type of BBQ do you do? Pulled pork, ribs or brisket?
[snapback]269916[/snapback]​
:thumbs:

Howdy Hillbilly and welcome. I lived (was stationed) in NC for 11 years and I sure miss the BBQ. I'm in the market for a good recipe for Eastern NC BBQ sauce. Maybe we can work something out?

PetersCreek said:
Howdy Hillbilly and welcome. I lived (was stationed) in NC for 11 years and I sure miss the BBQ. I'm in the market for a good recipe for Eastern NC BBQ sauce. Maybe we can work something out?
[snapback]269932[/snapback]​

That's too easy man. Here you go

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups cider vinegar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix cider vinegar, molasses, ground dry mustard, butter, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Cook and stir until all sugar has dissolved. Do not allow the mixture to come to a boil.

Thank ya much! That looks different than any other recipe I've come across and I'm definitely gonna give it a try.

PetersCreek said:
Thank ya much!  That looks different than any other recipe I've come across and I'm definitely gonna give it a try.
[snapback]269942[/snapback]​

No problem.

Here is the one that I really like to use. More of a central Carolina sauce.

2 cups cider vinegar
1 1/3 cups of water
1 cup of ketchup
3/4 cups of brown sugar
5 teaspoons of kosher salt
2 teaspoons of fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon of white pepper
4 teaspoons of hot red pepper flakes. or more if you like hot!

Just mix it up and its ready to go. No heating involved.

:)
Hillbilly Steaks said:
PetersCreek said:
Thank ya much!  That looks different than any other recipe I've come across and I'm definitely gonna give it a try.
[snapback]269942[/snapback]​

No problem.

Here is the one that I really like to use. More of a central Carolina sauce.

2 cups cider vinegar
1 1/3 cups of water
1 cup of ketchup
3/4 cups of brown sugar
5 teaspoons of kosher salt
2 teaspoons of fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon of white pepper
4 teaspoons of hot red pepper flakes. or more if you like hot!

Just mix it up and its ready to go. No heating involved.
[snapback]269946[/snapback]​

Souns very tastey, I think I'll have to make a batch myself. As you stated, I'll have to go with 6+ teaspoons of hot red pepper flakes caus I do like mine hot......... :) :thumbs: :cool:

That one looks more familiar...maybe I've really been looking for a central NC sauce, after all. What the heck, I'll give 'em both a try. Then maybe one of these days, I'll have myself a pig pickin' up here. Thanks again.

could be. That's the funny thing about BBQ. You have all these different regions of BBQ, Like Carolina, Kansas City, Texas, etc. For the most part, the only thing that makes a lot of them different is 3 things. The sauce, the Rub, and the type of meat used.

Its all just meat cooked slow, with real wood smoke. Its all good, IMO!

Great site! Great posts! Can't wait to try some of these..do you have some examples of Texas and KC sauces too?