• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Cuban Wheel

This is the most action any of my review threads have gotten...

Possibly the most action Paul has ever gotten, period...

I tried the Belicoso Liga 2 today. Either my palate changed that quick or it was much, much milder with less going on than the robusto. I had to retro hale to discern any favors at all. I'll try several more vitolas before passing final judgement.

Finally got time to burn the first one out of the sampler I received. Had the No. 1 Liga belicoso.Started out a little mild , but got better the further I got into it. By the last third, I was hooked.

Had some burn issues but this may have been caused by a bad lighting by me.

In my opinion these will get better with some age on them. The one I smoked, had a date of 2/9/12.

I will be placing an order for a box of these though and let them sit.

I received my sampler today (thanks again, Jeff).  Im really look forward to trying these.  

I just placed a order for the sampler last evening and the promo code "mcwsampler15" is good through the end of Feb.  The code is good for $15 off so this looks like a nice pack of 10 for $30. 

Not sure if anyone cares or not but I took the time to copy all of the different information on each cigar and put it in one E-mail.  Here is a full list of what he sells.

Belicoso / Liga I - (52 x 6.25)  From pre-light to nubbing, the MCW Belicoso Liga 1 is unquestionable. The strength of this cigar in its youth is full-blown and recommended for seasoned smokers. When aged, the cigar becomes smoother and hints of fragrant spice are introduced toward the finale. The well aged tobacco and the conical tip used in the construction of the Belicoso ensure a pristine draw and glorious combustibility. Produced in small quantities, this cigar will no doubt be extremely popular.

Belicoso / Liga II -  (52 x 6.25)  This figurado is a long time favorite among cigar aficionados and is a "Cuban classic". With its flicked, pointed cap, compact body and its thick 52 ring gauge the MCW Belicoso looks mean and meaty. The Belicoso size will amplify the power of this blend, giving one of the strongest finishes coming out in the MCW line. Not for the faint hearted, the Belicoso Liga 2 will be the perfect after dinner cigar.

Robusto / Liga I  - (50 x 4.8)   This cigar is very rich in complex flavors and is indisputably one of my finest creations. The blend masters proportions of ligero, seco and volado tobacco that results in an aromatic smoke, a return to Havana on the spot. The MCW Robusto Liga 1 is incredibly balanced and a perfect way to prolong an evening of fine food and wine.

Robusto / Liga II  - (50 x 4.8)  A superb Robusto, packed with lots of power. The secret of this robusto is that it creates a cool, round smoke, yet it manages to release intense, complex flavors all in that most popular size. Full bodied, rich and full of cedar, chocolate and oak the MCW Robusto Liga 2 is naturally for the experienced smoker seeking a Robusto with character.

Sublime No. 52 / Liga I - (52 x 4.6)   The potential of these cigars is very exciting to say the least, medium in strength and looks great. Tobacco from the finest tobacco regions ensures prime smoking. The journey of the cigar is clever and intriguing, spicy and leathery, then it creeps a sweet woodiness and slightly acidic cocoa. These cigars are made for educated palates fond of Old Havana flavors.

Sublime No. 52 / Liga II -  (52 x 4.6)  This cigar is strong, elegant and complex and is perfectly blended and rolled. This cigar has a clean burn, infallible draw and a myriad of flavors all of which are hidden under a clever finished triple cap. Things get even more complex when the middle tier kicks in, liquorice and leather aromas are added to the heady cloud of smoke. A classic old-school Havana smoke.

Sublime No. 54 / Liga I - (54 x 5.6)   Made with the best leaves from the best regions of the world and submitted to a rigorous selection, the MCW No. 54 Liga 1 stands out for their excellent taste and full flavours of leather, earth and a hint of spice. This size recreates the style that existed in the 19th century. Thick smoke and lasting taste fills the mouth.

Sublime No. 54 / Liga II - (54 x 5.6)  The No. 54 Liga 2 combines superior tobacco and great craftsmanship and is one of MCW’s finest cigars. Virile and refined, this cigar spills out creamy notes of leather, cocoa and sweet spice. The power of the # 54 is transitional but never obtrusive, a gracious journey. With age, these cigars will mature with the grace of a vintage Rolls Royce. An indispensable must for any aficionado.

Cigars Sublime No. 56 / Liga I  - (56 x 6.5) If you're a larger ring gauge fan, this is one cigar not to be missed. Warm notes of toasted sweet vanilla and dark cocoa beans are immediately apparent on the palate that enjoys an opulent and well-rounded smoke. The smoke is full and creamy reminiscent of the old school robust style of Havana's best cigars.

Sublime No. 56 / Liga II -  (56 x 6.5)  The No.56 Liga 2 is rich in the mouth, this cigar is for the educated palate of the Cigar connoisseur. Clean cut in appearance and quintessentially regulated to create a legend in its own right, the Torcedores of the # 56 are truly worthy of the title of genius. This Cigar has power and yet it is never brutish. The blend of woven aromas stilts any aggressive tendencies in the taste so that wood, earth, leather, pepper and chocolate marry into each other becoming one.

Thanks for your effort. I would think that this would probably help a few people out.

Chriscamp said:
I just placed a order for the sampler last evening and the promo code "mcwsampler15" is good through the end of Feb.  The code is good for $15 off so this looks like a nice pack of 10 for $30. 

Also, this is per item, not per entire order.  So, if you order multiple samplers, you receive a discount of $15.00 off each one.  

Lots of talk about these cigars; I think I'll give it a try.

I still have a handful of these, want me to send you some?

I broke into these this afternoon.  I believe it was the Liga I Robusto.  The first third of this cigar was incredibly creamy; a cigar unlike any I can recall smoking before.  Full, rich flavors of tobacco and sweet flavors of heavy cream like you find over here in Europe.  Made me wonder if I had just been missing out on something with any other cigar I have smoked before.  

I've been down-for-the-count sick the last three or four days, and only today started really feeling like I could be up and doing stuff again.  The sun was FINALLY shining, and it just so happens I have a bunch of reading to catch up on for school.  Why not light up that MCW I've been wanting to get to but haven't had the chance for various reasons?  Yeah...  that was not the best idea.  I think any cigar would have done me in, but these are not exactly Devil's Weed or RP Connecticuts.  The MCW was a great smoke, so I forced myself to burn my fingers with it.  I knew I was in trouble, though, and I probably just put myself back in bed for a few more days.  

I can't wait to give these another shot once i'm back up to full strength.

Just got my 10-count sampler in the other day.  They look awesome and after reading this thread, I'm really looking forward to some warm weather so I can try them out.

Looks like I am going to have to jump on the band wagon on these. Ill order tomorrow before I go to work. Keep the reviews coming!!

He is having a special where if you purchase a full wheel, he will send you a 1/2 wheel for free and a full wheel to the troops.  Can't get a much better deal than that.  You will get 75 smokes for right around a couple of bills.  You will also help bomb the shiz out of the troops. 

He has got 2 people to take advantage of this.  I plan on it on Wednesday, let's see if we can get a little more movement around this.  Oh by the way, if you do this and he gets to 100 people to do this there is another opportunity to win more cigars.

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=ddd933fe9e0ab800085a05b0e&id=67ece49f9e

Edited, to paste link to deal on Facebook.

I've passed this around Facebook, as well.  Can't believe he's only had two takers so far.  The "contest" needs 100 participants, though he will still send the gift wheel to the troops for every special purchased.  It runs through May, so there is still time, but I thought there would be more than two right now.  I don't know if I will purchase the whole thing, honestly, but I might look into a split a little later.  Car troubles, doggie surgery and family vacation planning leave funds a little low at the present moment.

kann said:
I've passed this around Facebook, as well.  Can't believe he's only had two takers so far.  The "contest" needs 100 participants, though he will still send the gift wheel to the troops for every special purchased.  It runs through May, so there is still time, but I thought there would be more than two right now.  I don't know if I will purchase the whole thing, honestly, but I might look into a split a little later.  Car troubles, doggie surgery and family vacation planning leave funds a little low at the present moment.

I have been thinking about doing a split.  I probably won't jump on the deal until the end of March though.