• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My final post

This makes no sense, in my opinion. Regardless of any situation you might have been in, you could have simply contacted NorCalCigarLover to tell him you had to drop out, and everything would have been fine.

I really fail to understand how this can be considered anything other than negligence. If you've fallen on hard times, and have no stash of cigars you draw from to send out to your SS kid, then do the honorable thing... communicate the issue to David, and bow out.

I don't get it.

Andrew, you're wrong: Matty is the one who just doesn't get it.

The blatantly-mistaken statements "Cigarpass doesn't give second chances" "mob mentality" and other justifications proffered as excuses indicate that Matty's statements of responsibility are only so many words.

When you screw up, you admit "I screwed up. Here is how I'm fixing the problem." as soon as possible, and leave it at that. Do not offer excuses, justifications, or any other such nonsense. To do so abnegates the apology and the admission of guilt, making them only superficial words that you're using to buy your way back.

This makes no sense, in my opinion. Regardless of any situation you might have been in, you could have simply contacted NorCalCigarLover to tell him you had to drop out, and everything would have been fine.

I really fail to understand how this can be considered anything other than negligence. If you've fallen on hard times, and have no stash of cigars you draw from to send out to your SS kid, then do the honorable thing... communicate the issue to David, and bow out.

I don't get it.

The blatantly-mistaken statements "Cigarpass doesn't give second chances" "mob mentality" and other justifications proffered as excuses indicate that Matty's statements of responsibility are only so many words.

When you screw up, you admit "I screwed up. Here is how I'm fixing the problem." as soon as possible, and leave it at that. Do not offer excuses, justifications, or any other such nonsense. To do so abnegates the apology and the admission of guilt, making them only superficial words that you're using to buy your way back.

In the secret Santa thread I did apologize..and I did say how I was fixing the problem.

Sorry to hear about your bad times Matty. I wish things had worked out differently for you in that manner and on here as well.

I think you're aware your fall out on here, however, was your own doing.

Nevertheless, I hope you're able to get back on your feet in the near future.

I don't get it.

In the secret Santa thread I did apologize..and I did say how I was fixing the problem.

Funny how you seem to care what people are saying now but didn't care what they were saying a couple weeks ago ??? Be a man of your word

Funny how you seem to care what people are saying now but didn't care what they were saying a couple weeks ago ??? Be a man of your word

If you would let this thread die, I bet he would be a man of his word.

The bottom line is this. I lost all my credibility and respect people had for me here because I was trying to keep my own personal problems hidden from everyone else. And it cost me dearly.
Matty, I consider you a friend, but you're wrong.

The bottom line is that all you'd have had to do was to take everything your SS sent you, put it in a box and send it along to your kid, then let David know what you did and why.

You'd have retained your privacy and none of the drama would have ever happened.

I also don't think your picture of the CP family is accurate. I think you could have contacted any number of folks, explained what was going on, and they'd have covered for you. I know I probably would have. Tell the truth, tell it early, and keep your word. Communicate openly, honestly, and frequently. It's all it takes to be welcome here. You've been here long enough to know that expensive bombs don't buy cred.

Hope all works out for you, for the best.

Take care Matty - B.B.S.

And what makes you think so? Thus far he has failed at every attempt to be a man of his word and none of it had to do with this thread being alive or dead. Just curious?

The two quickest ways for this thread to die are for Rod to lock it or Matty to stop offering BS excuses. Until then, it serves a good purpose by demonstrating how not to act on CP.

And what makes you think so? Thus far he has failed at every attempt to be a man of his word and none of it had to do with this thread being alive or dead. Just curious?

Well, obviously you are taking these things personally. Maybe you need to take a deep breath and step back for a moment. You are stating the obvious over and over and over again. He has published the DC in the other thread, the only post there should be by NorCal identifying whether or not the package was delivered.

In this thread, why keep repeating the same things others have said and making it personal? But by all means keep cranking out the venom......a true internet tough guy.

I'm the Troll under the bridge. Anybody else wants to kick the body needs to send me cigars. Addy in profile.

The two quickest ways for this thread to die are for Rod to lock it or Matty to stop offering BS excuses. Until then, it serves a good purpose by demonstrating how not to act on CP.

This is also another way of "how not act on CP".

Give it a rest CigarStone

Well, obviously you are taking these things personally. Maybe you need to take a deep breath and step back for a moment. You are stating the obvious over and over and over again. He has published the DC in the other thread, the only post there should be by NorCal identifying whether or not the package was delivered.

In this thread, why keep repeating the same things others have said and making it personal? But by all means keep cranking out the venom......a true internet tough guy.

WOW

These last few weeks of holding on
The days are dull, the nights are long
Guess it's better to say

Goodbye to you
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to you

'Cause buddy it's over now
No need to talk about it
It's not the same

I understand both sides of the responses posted here. Usually, I see no point in piling on just to sink your claws in to someone who is already feeling pretty bad about themselves... but when said person invites such acidity by posting a topic in a way that is sure to cause friction, I can see why some of you get rather upset.

Matty,

I did everything I could to help you out with SS via emails and PM's but I never heard anything back from you. Truth be told, I've covered for a few people in the past ... when they have communicated with me. Personally, I would rather you not leave but follow the example of a few others in the past who have been able to restore their good name here without all the drama. I don't see the need, or reason, to blame this community for "your" actions. It befuddles me why you and others who have left CP recently must blame this community for your own choice to leave as you're walking out the door.

Oh, and I personally don't appreciate the "thanks for all the fish" reference. I get it, but again, it simply isn't called for in your situation.

Good luck in all you do Matty

David

Matty,

I did everything I could to help you out with SS via emails and PM's but I never heard anything back from you. Truth be told, I've covered for a few people in the past ... when they have communicated with me. Personally, I would rather you not leave but follow the example of a few others in the past who have been able to restore their good name here without all the drama. I don't see the need, or reason, to blame this community for "your" actions. It befuddles me why you and others who have left CP recently must blame this community for your own choice to leave as you're walking out the door.

Oh, and I personally don't appreciate the "thanks for all the fish" reference. I get it, but again, it simply isn't called for in your situation.

David
Oh come on. That's a classic Douglas Adams quote.

Context: The dolphins get wind that the Vogon destructor fleet is preparing to destroy the earth to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Before the dolphins exit earth they send out thse crystal fish bowls to a few people... Arthur Dent and Wonko The Sane recieve them and the finely etched message on the bowls is "So long, and thanks for all the fish." The dolphins disappeared from earth after that.
Matty gets a point for that reference.

NA

Matty,

David
Oh come on. That's a classic Douglas Adams quote.

Context: The dolphins get wind that the Vogon destructor fleet is preparing to destroy the earth to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Before the dolphins exit earth they send out thse crystal fish bowls to a few people... Arthur Dent and Wonko The Sane recieve them and the finely etched message on the bowls is "So long, and thanks for all the fish." The dolphins disappeared from earth after that.
Matty gets a point for that reference.

NA

Except, weren't the dolphins warning the people for quite some time that the earth was going to be destroyed? And the earths never heard the warnings. Someone at my last place of employment used this line in her exit letter, with her history it was a perfect usage. I just didn't see it here.

None the less, it is a classic quote.

:cool:

Do you HONESTLY think the way to fix things within this community is to send a bunch of "bombs"? Seriously??? You truly are that clueless???

Can you not see the insult to the good friends you've made here? The friends that would have gladly personally sacrificed to help you out? And you did not have a clue they would have taken care of you? 0r, more importantly, WHY they would have taken care of you???

Good luck to you, Matty - I think, based on your comments in this thread, the least of your problems is your membership at CigarPass...