• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My final post

Ah, another "this is my last post" then post 10 more times. Think i did that once :laugh:

Matty, some advice from someone who's screwed up a few times: Just lie low, post a little here and there, and in time it'll be like it never happened, after you re-establish your credibility (and not by bombing)

I find it fascinating (read sad) that some people actually believe that their way of handling something is the only way and anyone who dares to differ from their opinion is the bad guy. I think if Rod feels this thread is detrimental in any way he will handle it swiftly and cleanly.

No, some just think there is such a thing as "overkill." But that is a very introspective statement on your part.

I find it fascinating (read sad) that some people actually believe that their way of handling something is the only way and anyone who dares to differ from their opinion is the bad guy. I think if Rod feels this thread is detrimental in any way he will handle it swiftly and cleanly.

No, some just think there is such a thing as "overkill." But that is a very introspective statement on your part.

PM Sent

Sorry to add my 02 but here goes.

I frankly am saddened by recent events here. Not in the spirit of this place at all. I was a few days late in getting my ss out. I had a delay in getting what I wanted to get my kid. I simply posted something saying so. Nothing ever became of it. Being an established member Matty knew and he screwed the pooch plain and simple. Done can we just stop all the bitching and moaning please?

Remember why Rod created this place. Maybe we all need to go back and read some posts from yesteryear and try to regain our composure and get back to basics here.

End rant

The package did arrive; it was waiting for me when I returned home this past weekend. I'm still getting caught up with what took place, having been away for some time, but it's clearly another communication problem, which seems, unfortunately, to be becoming fairly common.

It appears that Matty has already decided to take his leave. Whether he can earn the community's trust again, or simply leave, is up to him at this point, but everyone should know that he did live up to his obligation in the end.

First things first, I would like to extend a whole hearted apology to all of cigarpass. My actions recently have destroyed any credibility I had here. What I did was not out of spite, but out of embarrassment of my own actions. Unless things change, this will be my last post here, so bear with me.

I ran into a patch of bad luck, and without going into detail, things got hard. My plans were never to forsake my kid in secret santa altogether, but to quietly get him something out as soon as I could and sneak off and leave. Because I realize I cannot afford to participate in my hobby on this site any longer. That did not become an option with people started calling me and emailing me about what happened.

So I posted and took the full blast of the typical "you are a horrible person blah blah blah" rap that most get when the do something that damages the community and whatnot.
And I agree I deserve it, however it is disappointing to me that I will never be given the opportunity to right the wrongs I have commited.

I will not any time soon have the funds to bomb out a bunch of expensive cigars to a bunch of people in hopes of "earning" respect back. I actually considered mailing out a very nice promethus desktop humidor I have in hopes of getting some favour back. But then I came to the realization that no matter what happens I am pretty much screwed here.

Cigarpass has never been a fan of second chances, as a matter of fact, this site is know for the mob mentality that overcomes it at the drop of a pin. Did I deserve what I got, absolutely…is it fair? That is not for me to decide.

The bottom line is this. I lost all my credibility and respect people had for me here because I was trying to keep my own personal problems hidden from everyone else. And it cost me dearly

In closing, there are a few people here I would like to personally thank for all the enjoyment over the years.
Rod-you are the man.
Captain leafheart…When I donated my last bag of clothes from the clothes drive I listened to Richard Hell thanks to you.
Scott…you are a true friend
There are countless others as well, but that would take far too long to name them all, you know who you are.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Welcome back, Matty!
wink.gif

....did he ever make good on his SS sticks?

I completely agree that just showing up without any explanation is bad form....come on, Matty - you know better.

B.B.S.

....did he ever make good on his SS sticks?

I completely agree that just showing up without any explanation is bad form....come on, Matty - you know better.

B.B.S.
Nah, I don't think he does know any better.

Doc.

Just like when you cheat on your partner, but then you tell her about it.

She'll get over it, right? :(

She'll get over it, right?
sad.gif
Not at all. In our case, a sincere apology and making past commitments right would be a tremendous start to taking care of things. Not a "get out of jail free" card but a helluva a start and a path towards wiping the slate clean.

Anyone can screw up, it's how it's dealt with that makes the difference.

B.B.S.

She'll get over it, right?
sad.gif
Not at all. In our case, a sincere apology and making past commitments right would be a tremendous start to taking care of things. Not a "get out of jail free" card but a helluva a start and a path towards wiping the slate clean.

Anyone can screw up, it's how it's dealt with that makes the difference.

B.B.S.

And that was my point. Matty knows this, too. He has, up to this point, chosen the opposite.

Looks like he did make good on the SS (see post #48 above) and did offer an apology in the OP. Only pointing it out for the sake of clarity. I really have no dog in this race and I enjoyed herfing with Matty last year in Vegas, however I think people are pretty justified in remaining pissed off. I think if you say you are done then decide to step back in you have some work to do, regardless of a past apology. I am a member of a non cigar board where the rule is "If you say you are leaving, you will be."

I got caught lurking a while ago and spoke to Rod, actually he reached out to, being the class act he is, I was not aware I had to apologize to everyone. apology coming soon.