• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first Ashton VSG

bhaney

Had a nice warm evening out last night so I decided to sit outside and enjoy a good smoke. I pulled an Ashton VSG that I purchased at my local shop a few weeks back for 9.50 or so. I lined up my cut and it ended up to be a perfect cut. So I thought, hey this is going to be a good night. Pre light draw was perfect for me, not too loose, not too tight. I took my time and got a good light on the foot. Let it rest for a minute and then took that first draw. I was not blown off my feet by any means but I was sort of wow'ed. I tasted cedar and pepper with a hint of spice. The flavors lasted throughout the whole smoke. The burn was unbelieveable. Perfect till the end and not one problem touching up. I am not sure if it was because of the way I was drawing off of it or just superb contruction. Over all I was impressed. Was it worth the 10 bucks, ehh not for me. Would I buy them again, probably, but not a box of them. Maybe I was just still missing some taste after just getting over this head cold, so I am going to give it another a whirl on another day. I felt fulfilled when it was over so it was a successfull night. I just wanted to share my evening, thanks for the listen.

Thanks for the review. I'd wait until you're not sick anymore before firing up one of these sticks. They are definitely a great smoke :thumbs:

Thanks for the review...I have had a few of these and have always enjoyed them. The ones I've had have had the best draw around.

BrownDevil said:
Thanks for the review. I'd wait until you're not sick anymore before firing up one of these sticks. They are definitely a great smoke :thumbs:
[snapback]177982[/snapback]​

Mephiston said:
One of the best NC cigars out there. :thumbs:
[snapback]178037[/snapback]​

Ditto on both counts. The Ashton VSGs have been a favorite of mine since they were released. I (unlike most I am sure) place these in the same high places as the Opus X and Padron 1964/1926. Great cigars.

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to more.

I had one of these recently with some Casillero Del Diablo Merlot (gotta let that stuff breath for at least an hour). They complimented each other quite nicely.

The whole line is excellent. The only problems I've ever had with VSG's is the wrappers are very delicate and can get damaged easily.

These are interesting cigars. When I first tried them I loved them, and smoked them all the time. As I started trying more cigars, I found I enjoyed the VSG's less. I still have one from time to time.

Had a Tres Mystique to start the day Saturday when we went to Baltimore for a little herf. Fantastic little cigar. It's band would be in my sig along with the OpusX, Anejo, and Padron Anniversarios but I thought it would make it too big. :thumbs: