• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My First Frigador

Mr Peat, thanks for the encouraging words, I am seasoning the puppy now. Have a big order of over 80 sticks coming UPS, plus the sticks in my 100 count humidor. Tomorrow is the big day, will post pics when I put the cigar in the box.

BlindedByScience, i took out the freezer tray, thermostat, and compressor. Just using it as an oversizes humidor. The cedar lining is just 1/4 inch, the shelfs are 1/2 inch. Wanted to line it, did not want that plasticy smell. For me there is plenty of space for me. Plus the drawer has alot of space for singles qnd bundles.

So you spent money on a fridge just to gut it and you don't even use it to keep it cool?

You are correct, there is no cooling. The temp inside my 100 count, stays between 68-72 . I did not want to have any issues with condensation, that is why I removed the compreesor and thermostat. By doing so, it gave me more space and allowed me to build the frigador to my custom specs. All in all, it works for me, some like Ford, I prefer Chevy.

Thanks to all you out there in CP land, my frigador is now complete. This project is over, but the saga continues.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9134]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9135]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9136]

Now all you need is the good cigars to toss in there. :p Congrats on finishing it and the real fun begins now. :D

Mr Peat, come on now, there are some goodies in there. You see that Bolivar (Habana, Cuba), RP box (and some singles), Montecristo Platinum, and the ones that are naked were fresh made in the DR, picked them myself off the artisans table.

Nice stock of stick there Deon, just a bit of newbie to newbie advice, most people that have small collections like us don't mix Acids singles with regular non-flavored cigars. It will make your regular smokes pick up the Acid smells.

I know B&M's will put all their different manufacturer boxes in one humidor but as long as the box stays shut it should keep the Acid aroma off your regular sticks. My .02

Unless you like it like that, then just smoke away!

Dave

Mr Peat, come on now, there are some goodies in there. You see that Bolivar (Habana, Cuba), RP box (and some singles), Montecristo Platinum, and the ones that are naked were fresh made in the DR, picked them myself off the artisans table.

Not something I smoke. I'd suggest picking up some cigars that age nicely like a Padron 1926 and or 1964 line. Some LFD age nicely as well. You will understand later on if you haven't tried these cigars.

4cbln3, thank your for the cigar storage etiquette, I do not want the aromas to exchange.

Mr Peat, thanks for telling me about the sticks you enjoy, I will keep an eye out for them. Perhaps I might be able to snag some in a five pack or sampler.