• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first pipe!

theginguy

Well, first of all, just a thanks to everyone's help here in getting me started in the pipe. I got my first pipe today, an mm cob, nice and cheap. In fact my total purchase was $12.00, which included, 2 ounces of tobacco, the pipe, cleaners and a tamper.

So, I started of with some Dunhill Early Morning Pipe and it was pretty good. It had a very "camp fire" lapsang souchung' islay malt element to it. It was smooth and pleasent but just a little to smoky for me. But I did injoy my first smoke experience.

I might have packed it a little tight, I used the 3 pinch method. But I only had to relight once.
I got a very slight toung burn but nothing bad. All in all a pretty good session. I'm looking foward to my next bowl. :)

Sounds good! Seems like you did your packing pretty well to only have to relight once! I gotta get me a few pipes again. I don't know why I ever got rid of the ones I had.

Its hard to beat the MM Corn Cob pipes also! I think they smoke better than any cheap briar I smoked. Wished I had kept my real CAO Meerschaum and my Savinelli Octavia pipes though... Oh well.

Edited to add:
Try some Frog Mortons. Forget which one I liked, think it was the "Night on the Town" or something like that. Its VERY yummy, sweet, creamy, cool and tastey!

Good to see someone starting out with a pretty good tobacco instead of aromatics.

Welcome to the pipe forum! You are definitely started on the right path with those non aromatic tobacco's.

EMP is one of my favorite's. As mentioned, try Frog Morton on the Town. It's a little lighter and sweeter.

It always starts with one pipe.

Then you get another, and another, and another, and another......

One relight is pretty good. I am constantly relighting when I smoke.

Try a Virginia/Perique blend for something different. Sweet and spicy!