• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first (real) humidor

jakeolsen

Hello everyone! Well, I am new to the forum, and pretty new to cigars as well(been a pipe smoker for 3yrs).I ordered a 100ct humidor two weeks ago thinking that it would last me a while. Maybe if I hadn't order 75+ cigars with it, it would have. Anyways, it finally is completely stable today, so I wanted to post it. It is, as of today, full to capacity(95ct). I guess it's time to look into a coolidor or 300ct. :laugh: It has been holding humidity well all day, but, just to be safe, I ordered some beads from heartfelt. There's nothing real fancy in this humidor. It is made up of mostly fivers. My favorites in there are: Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso, Partagas Black Label Magnifico, and Rocky Patel The Edge Toro. I thought it best not to dive into cubans and OpusX's when I am this new. All in good time.

humidor.jpg

Might be the weird angle the you took the picture at, but it looks to me you've got room to stuff some more in. ;) Go ahead and fill that bad boy up!!!

I did the same thing when i bought my first humi. now i got 2 desktops and a 7ft cab. lol

Thats a good start. If you get a chance, get a couple of Opus X. Especially of the same size. Smoke one now and sit on the other for like a year. Just make sure you have a nice meal before hand. I say this as your taste buds is new, you will understand the differences between now and later. Like a Reserva D'Chateau or a Super Belicoso. Stay away from the #4, #5, and the Power Ranger as they tend to be the stronger Opus X from the normal line.

I myself when I finally got my first humidor was a 300 stick. After that, I realized I needed something way bigger and got myself a 3k one. Between the 2 lockers at the B&M shop so I can keep the cigars safe from myself, its not hard to fill the 3k when I choose to do so. It took me less than a month and I had it and the 300 stick one full. Something to think about when choosing a Coolidor. Think big and it will take some time to fill unless you are like me retired and no one to worry about.

Nice humi there. I see a few Onyx in there. Nice stick for the price!!

Long ashes, hass.

Never in a million years did I think I would need anything bigger than the 75ct humi on top. That was in March. By May I was storing my "over flow" at my buddies. In July I bought the one on the bottom. So my advice to you brother is to order a BIGGER humi ASAP. There is no turning back from here.

Mark

humi4.jpg

Looks like it's a nice humi. Thick Cedar and good hinges. I did a similar thing. I use to use a tupador for ever then I made myself a 100 ct. I suddently realized I had 200 cigars. :blush: Bought a 500 ct to get me by until I can build a cabinet......full. No cabinet yet. Unfortunately I must have gone to the Minister school of quantum mathimatics. to many cigars....not enough room. :laugh: You're going to find that this is a highly addictive, enjoyable lifestyle. :thumbs: Congrats my friend. Nice selection too.

Might be the weird angle the you took the picture at, but it looks to me you've got room to stuff some more in. ;) Go ahead and fill that bad boy up!!!
I have to agree with Q, that thing looks like you could fit another dozen at least. Pack that bad boy to the hilt

Hello there,

I'm new as well. [To this site and to the cigar hobby.]

+As for the appearance of extra room in your humidor, I agree that it looks like you have some room.
But if yours is like mine, the built in humidification device and hygrometer is in the way.?

+I noticed you have quite a few Onyx in there as well. As I said, I'm a newbie, but Onyx is prob. my fav.
The first cigar I purchased was an Onyx. Right now I have 3 Onyx Reserve #4 and 2 Robusto.
[I also just bought an Onyx Impulse tin. 10 mini's. Well.... 8 now. haha]

Nice start and good luck!

Klutch

Never in a million years did I think I would need anything bigger than the 75ct humi on top. That was in March. By May I was storing my "over flow" at my buddies. In July I bought the one on the bottom. So my advice to you brother is to order a BIGGER humi ASAP. There is no turning back from here.

Mark

humi4.jpg

I have the same set up as Mark as in his picture. The 75 count humi though for me stores my ISOM singles.