• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My First Review

twizz

IITYWYBMAB
Ahh, why not pick a different cigar for my first review? I feel everyone can help me develop my palate with such a rich smoke. Here goes.... ???

My First Review….

Never had a shark, never considered the line, and I’m the first jackass to buy anything in the glass case at the B&M that’s over $10 a stick (belicoso/robusto size).

Tonight, I decide on two fingers of Woodford (neat, of course), and as I opened my overfilled humi, a beautiful red ribbon is looking back at me, nearly lost in between some larger maduros (08 EL Sublimes :cool:). After this bad night with the arrival of Monte #2s, I feel I deserve something special as the PSD4 from last night left me disappointed.

This is my first review EVER, so please, leave me some feedback, and correct my missteps.

Prelight:
The sheer feel and look of this cigar is imposing. It screams ‘’SMOKE ME SMOKE ME!!’’ How any of you can leave these alone; I’ll never understand. I think a box might last me 3 months. Beautiful texture to the wrapper, and I think they have Padron beat at the box press game. The overall beauty precludes any initial desire to clip it too far down. I’ve taken to cutting torpedos at an angle, and do so with this one. Literally, only .25 grams of cigar came off on my clip. The draw felt quite loose for such a firm stick, and this led to some ginger draws in the beginning.

Light – 1st inch:
The roast was smooth, taking my time with wooden matches. The light felt wonderful in a perfect four turns. The smoothness started with the first draw and hasn’t stopped. I’m sorry, I just can’t bring myself to use these goofy flavor names, but if I were: chocolate mousse and almonds; the very sweet cognac notes are further enhanced by the aforementioned bourbon. Ash a medium grey and hanging on strong.

2nd Inch:
The first hints of some pepper as I exhale through my nose are coming through. Every single draw causes this hard to resist urge to simply bite this damn thing. The flavors literally make me want to eat it up!

I stopped writing after this, as I couldn’t get over how exceptional this cigar was. The perfect ‘dessert’ to a long day, or simply, an exceptional finish to anything. I severely burned my fingers and lips nubbing it. Can’t wait for the next one!!

Up Next:
Diamond Crown Maximus No 4 (Toro)

These are one of my all time favs, I have a few calling me in the humi now.

Nice review.

Great review! Just a couple of pics from being a perfect review :D

I look forward to trying some sharks as soon as i can get my hands on some!

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks for the kind words all!! Yes, absolutely my first review, and I got so entranced with enjoying the smoke, I didn't bother to keep typing. The cigar was VERY consistent the whole way through.

Sorry about the lack of pictures, cell phone camera sucks, and good one was at work. I'll try for next time.

I have one resting in my humi, and located a local B&M that stocks opus and anejos, so I'll pick up another this week.

Umm.....not feeling it twizz....I mean maybe if you threw one my way so I could smoke it as i was reading...then maybe :laugh: ....Kidding of course....great review for a great smoke....
P.S. Woodford reserve......ummmmmm ummmmm good