• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first true cigar experience

22jdub

I've learned a lot reading on this forum and I'll say it has truly helped me understand something that I thought that I "enjoyed" before Tonight was a balmy 37 degrees so after my nightly workout I poured a glass of bourbon and made my way to the backyard with an Oliva G, Purchased from suggestions of my fellow cp'ers. I've smoked many cigars but this was the first time I really paid attention to the actual experience. This was a great cigar, very smooth and burned perfectly, only 1 ash which was about ready to fall off halfway thru. I just want to say thank you to all that participate here, this was the beginning of a great new adventure for me made possible by you.

I remember my first stick after learning about the different taste and aromas. Changed everything for me. What was the Oliva G like? never had one.

My palette isn't very developed but I would say i tasted a bit of leather and nuttiness. Not real complex, stayed pretty much the same throughout but it was a great mild smoke.

Don't worry too much about picking out all the flavors and such. First things first, enjoy your smoke and life. Everything else is secondary. Cheers.

My palette isn't very developed but I would say i tasted a bit of leather and nuttiness. Not real complex, stayed pretty much the same throughout but it was a great mild smoke.

I am still developing my palette as well. I have found what I like and am now sticking to like sticks. What you have stated about Oliva G I will have to pick one up and try.

Don't worry too much about picking out all the flavors and such. First things first, enjoy your smoke and life. Everything else is secondary. Cheers.

:thumbs:

...solid advice. Find what you like, focus on what you like about what you are smoking. When you want to get a bit more analytical, you may find a flavor wheel helps you solidify your opinions. Or, it my be a distraction.... :p Smoke what you like, like what you smoke....always.

My first cigar was very memorable! It was an onyx reserve, at the time I didn't think there was a better stick out. I of coarse found out that it wasn't the best, but I'll never forget it! Anyway I hope you stick with it!

...solid advice. Find what you like, focus on what you like about what you are smoking. When you want to get a bit more analytical, you may find a flavor wheel helps you solidify your opinions. Or, it my be a distraction.... :p Smoke what you like, like what you smoke....always.
True gospel spoken from the master