• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Humi Delima

countikon

I cannot find any distilled water in the Midland - Odessa area. I need to season my new humi and can't find any anywhere. Is there anything I can substitute?

I had the same problem once. I went to my local chain drugstore and in the baby section found water for todlers, It does not say it on the front of the label but on the back it said it was distilled water. I hope this helps.

Grocery stores
Drug stores
Also, look for a water delivery company - they probably have it

Permian Water Dist.
3909 S County Rd 1290
Midland, TX , 79711
Address Map
Phone: 432-563-1220

Products Description:
Wholesales beer & other fermented malt liquors; wholesales bottled mineral or spring water

Also, ask your pharmacy to order some for you

Hope this helps
~Mark

I forgot to mention that I went to Walmart and they had very little water at all and no distilled water.

Also I've been meeting to say thanks for the humi Mark. I can't wait to get her going. I had a little trouble finding a spot for The Puck but I figured it out.

I cannot find any distilled water in the Midland - Odessa area. I need to season my new humi and can't find any anywhere. Is there anything I can substitute?

7 year Havana Club works even better than distilled water :D

7 year Havana Club works even better than distilled water :D

Just send me the 750ml of & y/o HC and I will send you 10 gallons of distilled water. :laugh: :p :laugh:

No seriously... :sign:

CYG

I really find it hard to believe that you can't find distilled water anywhere. Every Kroger, Safeway, etc carries it unless they're just out, which is temporarily.

if all else fails, you should do an online order for a boveda seasoning packet or distilled water.

it sucks since most people can get distilled water for 99 cents a gallon :(

just use bottled water...practically the same thing

WOAH! Not the same thing at all! Talk to Viper about what bottled water will do to the beads!

x2

Most bottled water/spring water turns out to be either tap water - or - in some cases have even more minerals/sediment than certain towns tap water!!!

You could have the manager at one of these stores include a couple extra cases in there next order...that way they are earmarked for you!

I would think a CVS or Walmart or other store would be able to ship you distilled H2O?

Linky

Talk to viper first. But if I'm not mistaken you could use Reverse Osmosis water. I know you can use it on most if not all of the humidifiers. Including the set and forget from Bob. I think they have a model the autofills from a RO unit..
David would be able to point you in the right direction.
Frank

Talk to viper first. But if I'm not mistaken you could use Reverse Osmosis water. I know you can use it on most if not all of the humidifiers. Including the set and forget from Bob. I think they have a model the autofills from a RO unit..
Frank

Interesting! I didn't know that. Learn something new all the time here!

Frank

Interesting! I didn't know that. Learn something new all the time here!
Don't quote me, I know when I was getting quotes for the temp controlled cabinet I had the option of a RO feed to the set and forget feature. It makes it a true set and forget, the only intervention is changing out the filters on both the RO and the canisters. RO filters does a great job of cleaning the water. However, Distilled water has nothing in it at all.
I have a RO 3 filter setup for drinking water, but I haven't used it with Vipers beads.. Distilled H2O is abundant around here as you know. I bought 3 gals. for 2.50 at the supermarket two weeks ago.
I would like to hear Vipers take on it though..

Thank god I found some at Walgreens. Now I just have to sit it out before I put my bombgars in there.

I received a reply from Viper about using Reverse Osmosis with his beads.
"I have customers who use it and have had no problems. I don't recommend the
use of RO water due to some of the RO systems not really performing very
well in the removal of impurities.
So to answer your question, I don't recommend the use of RO water
."

So I guess I'm wearing both the Dunce and AssHat this week.
Frank

All I'll say is that I didn't see any asshattery from you this week.

As for dunce....well, I'm no judge...just ask my wife.