• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My kickin' burger.

jlada

"Contest Master"
Made these the other night, figured I'd share.

You'll need:

2 lbs ground beef. I use the tip-top Angus, but any will do.
A good punch (I said a punch not a pinch... ya... a punch... *name that movie*) of Red Pepper.
Chicago steak seasoning - I use Penzeys.
Chili Powder
Onion - sweet.
Worcestershire sauce.
Big ass Ziploc baggie

Bacon, if you want.
Thick sliced pepperjack cheese, if you want.

So, here's the idea.

1) Take your half onion and slice it up up into minuscule pieces. I'm talking so small it's like a jelly of an onion. Food processor works best. Throw it in the baggie.
2) Add Worcestershire sauce to baggie.
3) Sprinkle several dashes of chili powder into the baggie.
4) Shake the hell out of the baggie. If you chopped correctly, the you should now have a sticky, soupy slurry of goodness.

Make your patties. I make six per two pounds of beef. Once your patties are ready:

1) Sprinkle with red pepper.
2) Sprinkle with chicago steak seasoning.

Fold the patties over, and then reflatten them so the spices are now internal, near the center of the burger.

Chuck them in the baggie so they're lying flat and soaking up that soupy goodness. Let rest 1-2 hours, flip. Let rest 1-2 hours.

Cook and serve.

Pepperjack works great. Bacon is optional, but I prefer no on these.

Wow, damn... my mouth started watering as I read that recipe.

I could go for a juicy burger for lunch.

homer-drool.gif

I love burgers. I will have to try this.

Damn Jeff, that might be dinner tomorrow night. :laugh:

You should try this, or any burger recipe for that matter, with ground Wagyu if you can find some at a reasonable price. It really does make a hell of a difference and is good every once in a while if you're going to go through the pains of preparing an extra special burger now and again.

Dude, pictures would have been nice of the final product!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds great, though! Will have to try. You can never go wrong with Black Angus beef!!!!!!

I look forward to making this. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Made some burgers last night that were fantastic:

1lb Ground Sirloin
1lb Ground Lamb
1lb Ground Veal

1/2 cup minced sweet red pepper
1/2 cup minced green pepper
1/2 cup minced red onion
1/2 cup minced white onion
1 minced jalapeno

Garlic Salt
Celery Salt
Black pepper
Ground Cumin
Worchester Sauce

1 egg

Mix everything is a huge bowl until combined. Form into patties. I got nine nice size out of my batch. Each package of meat was about 1/4 to 1/3 over a pound.

Fire up the grill, get the grate good and hot, but cook the burgers on low.

These were fantastic.

I had mine with steak sauce, raw onion and tomato on whole wheat. Also made some with Boars Head white american.

Made some burgers last night that were fantastic:

1lb Ground Sirloin
1lb Ground Lamb
1lb Ground Veal

1/2 cup minced sweet red pepper
1/2 cup minced green pepper
1/2 cup minced red onion
1/2 cup minced white onion
1 minced jalapeno

Garlic Salt
Celery Salt
Black pepper
Ground Cumin
Worchester Sauce

1 egg

Mix everything is a huge bowl until combined. Form into patties. I got nine nice size out of my batch. Each package of meat was about 1/4 to 1/3 over a pound.

Fire up the grill, get the grate good and hot, but cook the burgers on low.

These were fantastic.

I had mine with steak sauce, raw onion and tomato on whole wheat. Also made some with Boars Head white american.

Sounds very tastey Jim, I will have to try this 3 meat burger of yours. The only thing I would do different is add a little bit more jalapeno, maybe a couple of more...... :D :thumbs: :cool: