• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My lighter quit on me

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Go figure, my Colibri pipe lighter kicked the bucket tonight. I hardly used it too. :angry: Anyone have recommendations on a new lighter. I hate to use my torches on my pipes. I guess I will need to get some matches.

I have four zippo pipe lighters at the store. two brushed chrome and two black. I have two Old Boys as well. If you are interested I'll make you an offer you can't refuse!

Byron in Owensboro, KY

I just use matches, but I sure get some funny looks at the store when I check out and get a large load of matches. :p Seriously though, I was in full uniform after getting off work at the Sheriff's Office and this lady was looking at me like I was the biggest meth dealer around.
B

You should asked her if she knew where they keep the sudafed around here!

Byron

I have a Corona Old Boy and love it.

Spendy, but it will be the last lighter you ever buy.

I'd take Byron up on his offer. The new Zippo fluid has eliminated the naptha smell/taste that people used to complain of about Zippos, and the Old Boys are truly the last lighter you'll ever buy. Strictly indoors or in a dead calm though, the slightest breeze will put them out.

I also have the Peterson Pipe and Zippo 2008 Gift Set available as well. The Zippo has a Peterson logo all over the front and the pipe is a Pete Donegal Rocky 106. $92 and free shipping. I will also match any lower price found on the web with free shipping if at all possible.

Byron Oost
270-926-9617 Store AM
270-925-4057 Anytime

Another vote for Zippos and Old Boys. Zippos for outdoors, Old Boy indoors. They're all I use anymore for pipe lighting.

Wife said she would buy me this:
22369PS.jpg

There is a silver plated on too:
22371detail.jpg

Still considering my options though. Just what is the pipe conversion to the zippo. If I looked hard I may even have a zippo around I found.

I like the blue one. I think I read somewhere you can send your zippo to er, Zippo, and ask for the pipe insert and they will put it in.

Byron in Owensboro who just got back from playing a bluegrass gig and is ready for a bowl of something...just not sure what yet. So many choices!

colibri's have a life time warranty, why not just send it in and have it fixed for the cost of shipping?

colibri's have a life time warranty, why not just send it in and have it fixed for the cost of shipping?

Agreed. Send it with FedEx or UPS so you can track it and make sure you insure it for the new retail value in case its lost. I had a buddy send his in with USPS and when it never showed up Colibri said since he didn't have a tracking number they couldn't do anything to help.

345469294.jpg

Zippo Pipe lighters are great. Here is what makes a Zippo a "Pipe lighter." They have a hole in the insert on both sides so the lighter can be turned sideways to light the pipe. When you draw on the pipe to light it, it sucks the flame down through the hole on the side. I have a couple, and a colibri....hope mine doesn't kick it as soon as yours.

Also look into Vertigo Soft Flame butanes. They are cheap, and I haven't been able to destroy mine yet. There is even a slide that extends the flame to give you a greater reach towards the bowl...so you don't burn your hand.

Here's a Pic:
CL-REACH_02.jpg

Linky to more specifics

I've had the zippo on the left for about seven years. I just got the Peterson Zippo a few weeks back. The little tank pictured above holds just enough fluid to fill one zippo. I got it to keep in my tacklebox so I never have to worry about my lighter pooping out while I'm fishing.

gallery_8965_920_41700.jpg

Byron

I like the blue one. I think I read somewhere you can send your zippo to er, Zippo, and ask for the pipe insert and they will put it in.

Byron in Owensboro who just got back from playing a bluegrass gig and is ready for a bowl of something...just not sure what yet. So many choices!

When somebody says they're ready for a bowl of something... tobacco just isn't the first thing that pops into my head :)

I've had the zippo on the left for about seven years. I just got the Peterson Zippo a few weeks back. The little tank pictured above holds just enough fluid to fill one zippo. I got it to keep in my tacklebox so I never have to worry about my lighter pooping out while I'm fishing.

gallery_8965_920_41700.jpg

Byron
Where did you get the little tank if you don't mind me asking? I could really use one of those.

I ordered one for myself when I placed an order for a zippo display at the store. I can get one for you. I'll check the price tomorrow and let you know, if you want. I need to order a thing or two more from them anyhow.

Byron

I ordered one for myself when I placed an order for a zippo display at the store. I can get one for you. I'll check the price tomorrow and let you know, if you want. I need to order a thing or two more from them anyhow.

Byron
Please PM me with the info. Thanks!