• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My mom just broke her shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it considered a tragedy of extra proportions when Lumberg's mom gets hurt?

It was her job to lecture at an Elderhostel event, after all, to put herself in harms way to present to material to the rest of us. For that reason, I give the Lumbergs mom, who improves my way of life, the utmost respect and gratitude.

However, if she gets hurt, well she was just doing her job. Sure the situation is reprehensible, and should any guilty parties should be prosecuted and persecuted. But, presumably, since this is a free country, Lumberg's mom was an adult of sound mind and body, who made a decision to take on the role of lecturer at an Elderhostel event (again, a decision to be lauded). She presumably knew what they were getting into (if not she is still a hero, but just stupid).

9/11, that's a tragedy. A mom killed by her ex-husband, that's a tragedy.

Lumberg's mom hurt lecturing at an Elderhostel event? Eh, unpleasant, but not anywhere near the level of the above two. A soldier killed when his helicopter is shot down by the enemy? Uh, that's what happens in a war. It's not senseless. The victims are not "innocent." So why the major outpouring of attention when Lumberg's mom, whose job it is to lecture at Elderhostel events, so that the rest of us are informed, is hurt? And why when presumably there are also several other severe injuries to people by equally horrific means who are NOT intentionally placing their safety on the lecturn?

This has puzzled me for some time now.

To all current and past members of the Elderhostels: the statements above are precisely why I am respectful and grateful. I recognize you for your choice of job; not the fact that you do it. I do my job. I expect you to do yours.

Sorry to hear that. She has our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I also used to lecture on birding at Elderhostels here at home and always enjoyed it. Hope she's back at it soon!

ggiese said:
Why is it considered a tragedy of extra proportions when Lumberg's mom gets hurt?

It's not. It's the same as if anybody else's mom got hurt.

Nice try though.

Not really.

Lumberg, i wish your mom a speedy recovery!

As for the rest of this thread...
popcorn.gif

ggiese said:

It was her job to lecture at an Elderhostel event, after all, to put herself in harms way to present to material to the rest of us. For that reason, I give the Lumbergs mom, who improves my way of life, the utmost respect and gratitude.

However, if she gets hurt, well she was just doing her job. Sure the situation is reprehensible, and should any guilty parties should be prosecuted and persecuted. But, presumably, since this is a free country, Lumberg's mom was an adult of sound mind and body, who made a decision to take on the role of lecturer at an Elderhostel event (again, a decision to be lauded). She presumably knew what they were getting into (if not she is still a hero, but just stupid).

9/11, that's a tragedy. A mom killed by her ex-husband, that's a tragedy.

Lumberg's mom hurt lecturing at an Elderhostel event? Eh, unpleasant, but not anywhere near the level of the above two. A soldier killed when his helicopter is shot down by the enemy? Uh, that's what happens in a war. It's not senseless. The victims are not "innocent." So why the major outpouring of attention when Lumberg's mom, whose job it is to lecture at Elderhostel events, so that the rest of us are informed, is hurt? And why when presumably there are also several other severe injuries to people by equally horrific means who are NOT intentionally placing their safety on the lecturn?

This has puzzled me for some time now.

To all current and past members of the Elderhostels: the statements above are precisely why I am respectful and grateful. I recognize you for your choice of job; not the fact that you do it. I do my job. I expect you to do yours.
[snapback]238795[/snapback]​

Funnier'n hell Horace. LMAO.

fuggin' moms.

NA

Very nice to see that it's now acceptable to bash family members...

My dad's going to have an open liver biopsy after which he'll most likely be placed on the transplant list. Anyone want to take some cheap shots? Or maybe just try to demonstrate their literary prowess?

Nope - but it's okay for lumberg to post his useless garbage and have no repercussions.

You probably didn't see this, so I won't fault you for it Morenoloco:

Lumberg's poor attempt at seeking the truth...

There was no apology from lumberg for that debacle - and there are those that are still not real happy with the way that all played out... lumberg is living his legacy...

BTW - I'm sorry to hear about you dad, Morenoloco - and I pray for his speedy recovery.

morenoloco said:
Very nice to see that it's now acceptable to bash family members...

My dad's going to have an open liver biopsy after which he'll most likely be placed on the transplant list. Anyone want to take some cheap shots? Or maybe just try to demonstrate their literary prowess?
[snapback]238887[/snapback]​

Damn. Good luck on that. That's pretty serious.

Makes a broken shoulder feel kinda trivial.

ggiese said:
Nope - but it's okay for lumberg to post his useless garbage and have no repercussions.

There was no apology from lumberg for that debacle - and there are those that are still not real happy with the way that all played out...  lumberg is living his legacy...

BTW - I'm sorry to hear about you dad, Morenoloco - and I pray for his speedy recovery.
[snapback]238891[/snapback]​

Thanks George, it's much appreciated...

I hadn't seen that particular thread, but the point I'm trying to make here isn't that I'm defending Jonathon; but rather the following. I dont think it's ok for anyone to use someone elses family illnesses or hardships as a tool to dig into them for any past indiscretions.

Should Lumberg apologize... probably.
Was Lumberg wrong in telling someone to STFU... probably.
Was Leebo right in using this particular thread to take shots at Lumberg... probaby not.

Family should be left out of any of battles... It will not lead to any good or resolution of conflict...

So who's taking shots at lumpy's mom morenoloco??? Care to point it out?

NA

George's post reminded me of this parody by SD_Stack:

SD_Stack said:
I am "Stack" Hear me roar!

I am SD_Stack. The greatest of all. I have been to all corners of the earth. I have shook hands with diplomats. The man at the local convienence store knows me by name. I have fought my way through dangerous lands with only my hands and wit. I almost killed a man once on a dirt road. I have worked in the oil fields. I have owned oil fields. I have been taken prisoner in oil fields. I have oil in my car. My thumb is my friend. It is my weapon of choice. I went to California on it once. I have served in the highest ranks of all branches of the military. I am a congressman. I own the congress. I have bought off the Legislatures. I pay taxes and vote... sometimes. I am the worlds greatest poker player. Go fish anyone? I smoke only the finest cigars. Swisher is my go to stick though. I date only the most beautiful women. I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world. My donkey is the purdiest in the world and smart too. I drive only the fastest cars. My car is the fastest and most expensive in the world. I love to feel the wind blowing in my hair while on my moped. My car can fly. I can fly. My wife can fly too. Peek-a-boo. She's very beautiful. I am the bravest man in the entire universe. I am however scared of Cuban cigars or anything illegal and that some day someone may disrespect my right to privacy. :lookup:
[snapback]71342[/snapback]​

Another classic. :laugh:

morenoloco said:
ggiese said:

There was no apology from lumberg for that debacle - and there are those that are still not real happy with the way that all played out... lumberg is living his legacy...

[snapback]238891[/snapback]​

Thanks George, it's much appreciated...

I hadn't seen that particular thread, but the point I'm trying to make here isn't that I'm defending Jonathon; but rather the following. I dont think it's ok for anyone to use someone elses family illnesses or hardships as a tool to dig into them for any past indiscretions.

Should Lumberg apologize... probably.
Was Lumberg wrong in telling someone to STFU... probably.
Was Leebo right in using this particular thread to take shots at Lumberg... probaby not.

Family should be left out of any of battles... It will not lead to any good or resolution of conflict...
[snapback]238897[/snapback]​

I can see it would be difficult for you to understand what's going on in this thread, because you view this from your own perspective. That's because you're a normal thinking, decent person. I've got to believe you certainly wouldn't start a big controversy being an a$$, get everyone all pissed off - and when the heat was the greatest - rather than apologize - start a thread about your mom being hurt...

Hard to keep family out of it when you act like that...

Lopaka said:
ggiese said:

Everytime I read that, my blood just boils! I just keep wondering HOW?
[snapback]238940[/snapback]​
Ditto...I was a fireman and that post of his, especially the part about LEO's and servicemen dying, which he gives a throw away label of "unpleasant", and "not senseless," and their being "not innocent," makes me wanna scream...and I guess I would have pulled his sorry a$$ out of a burning building if it came to that, but I wouldn't have been happy about it...

ggiese said:
I can see it would be difficult for you to understand what's going on in this thread, because you view this from your own perspective. That's because you're a normal thinking, decent person. I've got to believe you certainly wouldn't start a big controversy being an a$$, get everyone all pissed off - and when the heat was the greatest - rather than apologize - start a thread about your mom being hurt...

Hard to keep family out of it when you act like that...
[snapback]238937[/snapback]​

I'll definitely have to read the rest of that thread at a later time, as it seems to be upwards of 7 pages. Having read the first page, I can definitely say that I disagree with Lumberg there.

All your points are well stated George. I understand and agree with many of your points.

Somehow, I doubt that Lumberg would start a sympathy thread just to avoid apologizing; at least I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. Of course, if it becomes repetitious, then it makes the chances of believing him less likely in the future.

Perhaps, if this was all on a separate thread about Lumberg himself then it would be more acceptable. The topic of this thread is still "my mom just broke her shoulder."

Status
Not open for further replies.