• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

my new humidor and some questions

thatsonofa

Got my new humidor in the mail yesterday. I included some pics. Now I need some CP help.

What is the best way to condition my new humidor?

box1lu1.jpg

box2un1.jpg

box3ol8.jpg

I'm pretty sure you want to put some distilled water in a cup and let sit in the humi for a few days. I think most people would advise you not to wipe down the interior with water.

Did a search for ya:
"to season take a shot glass full of DW and leave it in the center and let the box pull in the moisture. this does take some time however so expect not to put anything in the humidor for at least a couple days"

Don't 4get the salt and pepper...yummmy seasoned humi ;)

Nice humidor! Get a shot glass filled with distilled water, and put it in the humidor for at least a few days. Let the cedar soak up the humidity. If you don't allow the humidor to fully season, you'll have nothing but problems maintaining proper RH. Seasoning is very important. Good luck!

Awesome! Thats the exact same humidor I surprised my dad with a couple years ago. Still going strong too!

:)

I put 2 shot glasses with distilled water in the bottom on monday night and havent opened it since. Checked the RH this morning and it was almost to 70 (started off at 55 on monday night). Im stopping by my local shop this afternoon to pick up some gel or beads. And then hopefully in a couple days I can start stocking.

Too small....lol

HAH I'll agree with that. I got one like that last year and filled it up quickly. I just bought a 120qt cooler to convert to a coolidor which will probably be full by August....

Nice humi. Looks real solid.
Everyone here has already given you good advice; nothing left to say.