• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My new Humidor

Aussie

I have just purchased a new Humidor, it is supposed to hold 400 cigars and I am at the last stage of seasoning. Now here is the silly question. I have read how to season the humidor aswell as going to you tube and listening and watching some different ways.

This may sound silly but I have a couple of boxes of Cuban Tubos and I was wondering if you leave them in the tubes or take them out. I have read that the cigars themselves help keep the humidity within the humidor so it would be quite difficult to do this in a tube. Yet on the website it says leave the cigars in plastic as they protect them.

Another question I have is that I am utilising the pads, how often do the pads require changing, can you reuse them?

Looking forward from hearing from you guys please be gentle.

Steve

Since you are still going to be learning how your humidor responds to minor "tweaking" to get the RH to what you like, keep the tubos sealed. They are built for that.

If they swell up by mistake in there, they'll be a bitch to take out.

That does make sense, so do you recommend once the Humidor is set and I understand just to take the lids off the Tubos. Not all my cigars are Tubos I have about 50 that are, I live in Darwin Australia and we are in the wet season so we have a very Humid climate. Maybe about 70-80% at the moment. The way I have seasonesd my humidor was via the intructions first. Unfortunately I had a shot glass of nor mal water in it to start with not distilled. I had also not wet the humidor either. It did stay at 70% for the week though. I have now wet the Humidor and placed the shot glass in and the humidifier which is the crystal pads. After last night it has stayed on about 60% so I have gone through the wetting process again. I hope that I am doing this right.

Another question I have is that I am utilising the pads, how often do the pads require changing, can you reuse them?

Looking forward from hearing from you guys please be gentle.

Steve

Let me ask my girlfriend how often she changes her pads. Dear Lord I hope she does not reuse them! Welcome to the board

I have posted as my profile pic as I dont know how to post pics on the forum or emails. The girl has been seasoned and sitting at 60% so I am hoping it climbs another 5% over the week and stays there.

Here you go guys thanks to Dion with the technical advice.
[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:1545]
[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:1545]

Oh well at least its a start my computer skills need a look at.

Looks nice Steve, it wont take you long to fill er up, some of the vendors here can help you with that part.

Looks like a nice desktop humi, I can see the Cohibas from here (the Cubans smoke the best).

Nice humidor. that's much bigger than the one I started with ;).

Jason

Aussie, that is a good looking desktop humi. Fine selections that you have in it too! :cool:

Thanks guys I am learning heaps by being on this site. I am a late starter in regards to cigars but keen to catch up. Even came home from work today for a lunch time smoke. Thanks again.

A very nice choice to get started. It's a slippery slope my friend, be sure to save for the next bigger humi asap. We've all been there and we all filled em up. welcome aboard.

Yes I get, what you are saying minister. from a meagre box I now have 200 sticks in there, well worth it though for the pleasure I get, but point taken.

I just viewed this thread twice cause I realized after the first time it had 666 views.