• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My new toy...

BigJake6904

Fat Texan
352933577.jpg

This is a Savinelli Punto Oro made of the best quality Algerian briar. It's unfinished so that the oils from your hand, mixed with the heat from smoking, will eventually color the outside of the bowl. I just couldn't pass it up.

Apparently Savinelli only makes 60 of these pipes (of each of 12 sizes) every year, and I was fortunate enough to come across one. It was christened with a bowl of Squadron Leader followed by a bowl of Maltese Falcon. A nice addition to the pipe collection I'm rather proud of! ;)

Congrats on the new pipe. It's always great to run across something you dig. I have a smooth unfinished Peterson Shamrock that is slowly taking on a great chocolate hued tone. I bet the textures in yours give a really cool look after a while.

- Tim

Smokes wonderful! The briar is extremely light and very porous. I'm on my third bowl and it's smoking very cool!

Very nice Jake, I love that shape. Would that be classified as an Author?

Very nice Jake, I love that shape. Would that be classified as an Author?

Not quite. Authors are short, fat and stubby pipes like bulldogs, but with rounded bowls.

This is a standard bent stem, the shape/ style is nothing special....just the wood, finish (or lack there of), and limited quantities.

Very nice pipe, Jake. I have a natural Nording that is just outstanding and it's taking on some nice color.

By the way, I would call your pipe a bent billiard.

Nice piece, Jake. Be sure to post an 'after' pic once you have some mileage on it.