• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My New Tuperdor

Coinguy89

New Grower
n520772695_500574_7405.jpg

Nice! Looks like you have a healthy supply of sticks and what appears to be several favorites. I'm certainly no expert, but I was wondering if you might want a little more cedar in there by perhaps using another box or two to hold the loose cigars.

This is a good example of how storage can be accomplished without the expense of an over-priced humidor. You've inspired me to get off my ass to get more storage set up myself!

I think you're okay on the cedar. seems liek there is actaully quite a bit in there. I have a gallon tupperdor set up that has a lid from a box of padron 2000 maddies as my cedar. Works fine, cigars smoke great and takes up almost no room.

Nice set up you have bro. I like the size of that tupperdor - where'd you get it???

Certainly not big enough. I doubt you'll be able to measure any difference with more cedar, but with the PG jars, it sure can't hurt.

I've used very similar style tuppers in the past. They work fine with one exception. They are leaky. You will find that keeping the humidifying elements topped up will require frequent attention and diligence. This is the one key aspect that you improve upon when moving to a coolerdor. Oh, and you'll get better temperature buffering as well.

Wilkey

Looks good Scott, it won't be long and you'll be filling it with your own blend.

I've used very similar style tuppers in the past. They work fine with one exception. They are leaky. You will find that keeping the humidifying elements topped up will require frequent attention and diligence. This is the one key aspect that you improve upon when moving to a coolerdor. Oh, and you'll get better temperature buffering as well.

Wilkey

I fixed the leaky problem with some foam weather stripping. I put it on the inside lip of the box, just enough over to have the top click shut with a little preasure. RH hold fine with beads!

Nice humi!

That's a great idea, Gary. I'd thought about that too but was just too lazy. :p

Wilkey

Thanks for the comments guys! Here's the story on this. I actually have a humidor. Right here:

n520772695_500576_7135.jpg

But this humidor is for my personal smokes. But I have a great number of friends who can't afford cigars and I have to keep giving out my personal stash of goodies, which I can barely afford (we're all university students).

So, I decided one day, I would spend a few hundred dollars on a buck a stick deals through CI. I would use these cigars to hand out to friends when they visit so they have something to smoke and they don't deplete my collection, unless it's a special occasion then they're welcome. None, of the cigars are bad by any means, they're just off brands, all hand made and smoke just fine, in fact, a couple can compare to some of the common market favorites. So, to house these I went to Walmart and bought this piece of plastic for holding laundry and whatnot. It does seal, but as some of you have said, it's not as tight as I'd like it. I bought two gel/crystal jars and a decent digital hydrometer at the local smoke shop.

At some point I might sell my humidor or give it to a friend and split this box up between my personal smokes and the ones for friends. It still has room for another 300 or so.

Edited to add: Price of plastic container: $4, Drymistat x2 $12, Digital Hydrometer $38

Very nice, thanks for sharing. I need to do this just in a smaller scale.

What kind of cigar is the dark/light stripped one? i've never seen one like that before.