• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Racebike after my crash last year

Not sure if you guys remember or not, but last June I crashed my bike during a race at Roebling near Savannah Georgia. End of the straight away in turn one. I don't know my exact speed, but its one of the fastest corners around....the one you don't want to crash on. I was probably doing around 120 mph when I went down. I got away with a broken hand and a pretty damn good concussion. Not too shabby!

Its that time of year to start gettting the bike all put together so I decided to try and recreate what the bike looked like when I brought it home. :laugh:

this is what it looked like before :love:
RacebikePreDaytona006.jpg

and a slideshow of the after.
That'll buff right out.

She will be back and running and ready for the track in the next month or so.

Good lord Erick, you sure did lay the bike down ??? Maybe you should slow down...all the way down to 35 mph. You can't smoke ribs with both hands broken now can you!

Just wipe it down with Windex! :laugh:

Glad to hear you walked away relatively okay.

Do you race at VIR, too?

Nice one! Don't try to get her perfect cause, well, you know why. And for God's sake, get rid of the Pirelli tires!

froggert, VIR is my home track but I didn't make it to that race. that was right after my crash and I hadn't even cut my cast off yet, hahahah

Khari, let me guess....you're a dunlop guy.

Michelin. They cost a bit more, but you get a lot more wear out of 'em. I like Bridgestones, too.

nice, north course, turn one right mark?

I won't be doing much racing...mainly just going back to the laid back riding of track days, hahahah. Might mix in some endurance and team challenges though.

Hey Mark, am I correct in assuming that was at VIR? That's an R6, right? What year?

Hey Mark, am I correct in assuming that was at VIR? That's an R6, right? What year?

kinda looks like either north course turn one, or south course turn 7

04' R6 - Turn 1 at VIR North (that was the day we had the full course though!) :thumbs:

That was a pretty stock bike except for a commander & exhaust and I was easily passing 750's out off the turns and smoke 1ks :) (it's not the size of the bike as you know).

Out of all my track/street bikes (8 total) that was by far my favorite.

How far are you on putting back together the F4?

~M

muhahahhaaha, guess who has a Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust on the way...heheheh, not to mention a bunch of other parts that need replacing.

Akrapovic Evolution?! Jeez! It doesn't get any better...

Hope you did better then the bike. I had a 99 CBR 900RR. I have had 5 friends that have been killed on bikes. My last bike was a 99 Softail Springer. Would love to get another bike but i cant afford it at this time.

Just don't drive the Volvo like you did the bike eh??? Glad you made it out ok! D

Talk about ill conceived assumptions! I always assumed that Marks avatar was he himself. I am going to go out on limb here but I now think that is not actually Mark! What do they say about assuming?

What do you mean? That is me