• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My store got Punch Rare Corjos in!

KayakinBoy

I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
I tried my first one today ever. I loved it, for 4 bucks lol. Burned even as hell and never got hot or bad taste. Punch makes one hell of a cigar and this is right there up on the list. But has anyone seen the new size in the coffin (El Doble)!!!

:0

I'll post a pic tommorrow boys! :D

oh yes we just received ours today too
they are very good
we got two displays of the ones in coffins
its brand new..its called el doble
one note about this cigar it is a 60 ring and it kind of takes away some of the corojo taste ....my recomendation is the magnum

we received 5 sizes
rothchild
magnum
pita
double corona
el doble

have you guys tried the Camacho Corojo's? I love the Diploma's. But I haven't tried the Amendments. The regular line of corojo's are good too.

very nice cigar, if its the same one im thinking of, (Robusto) nice spicey and medium bodied, lots of smoke too. :thumbs:

Ed

Camacho corojos are a great goto smoke.

However, they do not have that Sumatra wrapper that makes the Punch line a wonderful bargain in the $4 range.

Box split of rothchilds... (robustos) :0 :whistling:

I'm a fan of the double corona. I'll have to swing by my local to see if they have any el doble I can try. Thanks for the heads up.

I always have the rothchilds in my humidor. Great 30 minute smoke. Never had a bad one.

true,true,true!!!!! I have been waiting for these since last year!!!! Geeze, what a good smoke...and not just for a cheap cigar...for any cigar.

cigardawg said:
I always have the rothchilds in my humidor. Great 30 minute smoke. Never had a bad one.
[snapback]192000[/snapback]​

Couldn't agree more!

Rothchild double maduro. :thumbs:

One of the best bangs for the buck.

I read the Punch rare corojo is not a corojo at all and
that Punch admits to this and uses the moniker "rare corojo"
as a marketing ploy....Could any of this be true?

Stopped by my local and picked up the El Doble. That's alota smoke...

My buddy Winston gave me one of those in the coffin last night. I will try it this weekend. Looks really good and hopefully it will taste good. Review forthcoming...

TVST*R said:
I read the Punch rare corojo is not a corojo at all and
that Punch admits to this and uses the moniker "rare corojo"
as a marketing ploy....Could any of this be true?
[snapback]192552[/snapback]​

Indeed. It is actually a dark Sumatran wrapper :rolleyes:

I just tried one myself, though not the el doble. Good smoke, but it doesn't have the corojo flavor.

I'm going to a Punch rolling/tasting this weekend in Dana Point. I really like Opus, Padron '64/'26 and Don Lino Africa / Cien Anos. How different are the Punch Rare Corojo and do you think that I will like them? Opinions?

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
I'm going to a Punch rolling/tasting this weekend in Dana Point. I really like Opus, Padron '64/'26 and Don Lino Africa / Cien Anos. How different are the Punch Rare Corojo and do you think that I will like them? Opinions?

-Fetter
[snapback]194286[/snapback]​

I could be wrong but i dont think Punch has a "super premium" cigar.We have one line of punch that retails for like 12 to 13 bucks, but they arent sought after cigars. at least not here. we carry lots of punch,prolly 30 facings el doble is only ten. Gran Cru isnt bad. Their after dinner maduro is a mighty fine cigar.
Decent cigars at decent prices. Not really a big hitter as far as what we carry though.