• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NCAA Football BCS Bowl Bids

CigarInspector

Hedonist.
Reaction score
Who do you think will win the bid for the national title game? It seems obvious that Alabama, unless knocked off that high horse soon, will be there, but whom else has a shot? It looks like a great race for the second spot with Clemson a real possibility, especially with the remainder of the schedule.

Apparently the playoff series for the BCS starts in the 2014 college football year, so no, not this season. Well Clemson got knocked back to the 10 spot. Is Bama even stoppable this year? Who do you think will knock Alabama out?

Alabama does seem to be much the best this year but the battle for that second spot will be interesting to the end. 

I am not sure that I see anyone knocking Alabama out of the number one slot.  Tennessee has been scrappy if playing in Knoxville but I think they will get kicked around since the game is in Alabama.  I guess that same statement is true for LSU...a team that has showed its weak points.  Auburn has been winning but they don't have enough to beat Alabama.  I guess there is always the SEC Championship game to bring Alabama back down to earth.  Missouri knows how to play defense but they've got a rough schedule ahead.  If they get to the SEC Championship it could be really interesting.

Outside of the SEC, Oregon also has the roughest part of their schedule ahead of them.  I hope they make it to the Championship game.  Florida State made a statement against Clemson but I don't think they have enough juice to get to the Championship game...even though the rest of their schedule is winnable.  In my region all of the talk is about Ohio State.  Good luck, Buckeyes, if you get there you will get killed...again.

While I wish there was more of a challenge to Alabama, the competition for the second spot is great this year!

I wouldn't mind an Alabama/Oregon Championship game.  Although Ohio State you say? Bring on Urban.  Of course this weekend is all about Tennessee.  I am wondering what uniform they are gonna pull out this time.  Gotta love college football in October.   

SweetMelissa said:
Although Ohio State you say? Bring on Urban.

We don't get as much coverage of the Buckeyes as they do in the rest of Ohio but Urban Meyer is fairly controversial here.  The University of Cincinnati's mediocrity plagued program is always a picked on little bro of Ohio State.  Around here more people call them O$U than anything else.  Sure, there are plenty of Ohio State grads around Cincinnati but most of my region has serious questions about that program.

The Big Ten is not even close to what it used to be in football.  It's still high quality but the SEC and PAC12 are my favorites to watch.