• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nebwbie Greetz

txmatt

El Cheapo smoker
I think since I have already made 7 posts in the past couple of days I should get around to introducing myself. I can be longwinded and unnecissarily detailed when I post to forums as I am sure you will learn. Right now I am typing this while moistening the Corojo wrapper of a nice Cusano Corojo Torpedo. I do love the way Corojo tastes so I might be even more long winded than usual.

I have read the heck out of the forum the past couple of days and I am now already enrolled in a pass thanks to FMF.

I live in McKinney, TX; a bit north of Dallas, and have lived in Central Texas the past 6 years. I am married and have an 18 month old son. I have been smoking cigars since 1990 or 1991 but very infrequently the past 3 years. I am going to find a way to change that without p|$$ing off the wife too much as I miss them.

My favorite cigar smoking experience was on a bakpacking trip in the Smokey Mountains, I made em a bit smokier. :D I was with a group of 13 hikers, we took a 20 minute boat taxi ride across Lake Fontana and then hiked 5 miles up the Eagle Creek trail, which crosses the creek knee deep 23 times. We got to the site we were going to camp for the next 2 evenings by 5. While we pitched camp and had dinner and enjoyed several nice cigars including an Astral Robusto, La Finca Corona, and a Montesino Toro. My Widemouth Lexan "NalgeneAdor" did a great job protecting its precious cago. I had been on many similar backpacking trips with this group, and did my best job yet picking out smokes for the event. This time I was even smart enough to pack a decent "sharing" cigar since soo many of my wife's family "share's" my cigars; and I had missed out smoking some singles I had purchased to try out. The La Finca Coronas were a standard brand I used for awhile because they were $1/stick for a long time. At one point in the craze after a favorable CA review they hit $4 a stick, but this trip was 4 years ago so I think I got the box for around $30. When dinner was over, and the pitch dark cloudless sky hung overhead we started a modest fire and talked very little. I sat with my back against a tree a little bit away from the fire and fired up my first Opus X. I worked very hard to be sure I had one for this very trip once I had learned of the cigar. I am going to have to read more people's cigar reviews before I attemtp one, but this was a memborable smoke. As I said in a thread yesterday it turns out I like the Don Carlos Robusto a bit better than the Opus X, but I can recall no cigar smoking experience better than that night.

I am going to go fire this thing up, I am looking forward to learning more about cigars and vicariously sharing your stogies when I can't find the opportunity to smoke myself. I hope I can contribute a bit to your smoking enjoyment as well.
Matt :thumbs:

Welcome to CP Matt, if you find yourself heading into North Dallas, Richardson spacifically, go to Melissa first and pick me up a half pound of Peanut Butter Fudge, and a Half Pound of Plain Chocolate Fudge, you know the place right? I will pay you back when you get here ;)

Hwanyeong (Welcome)

Great camping trip there..... look forward to hearing and sharing more stories.

-K-

Welcome to the fold!

^^TTT^^

I know I am being pathetic bumping my own intro, but mine found its way to the third page too quickly. ???

I just spent about 20 minutes updating my profile, and even put a pic up. I figured my intro thread would be the best place to say, "if you want to know more about me check out my profile."

I have enjoyed reading several other member's profiles, and the recent interview threads so I figured I should add a bit more to mine.

Thanks to all of you who have welcomed me. I signed up for several cigar forums the day I registered here, but this one was the obvious choice to participate in.

Matt

Welcome Matt.

Dude, that last name is classic.......I bet you got your fair share of remarks growing up. I grew up next to a Dorfenderger. I think she was Austrian....

Your profile stuff is awesome. That blond dude on your back is way cool too. I've got 4 sons, and they are the center of life.

And that camping trip sounded epic too!

M. Gipson