• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need a new digital camera

I have a Nikon cool pix and it is a brilliant camera.

I have had good luck with buydig.com, adorama.com and bhphoto.com
The Nikon is a fine camera, I don't know too much about the Casio, check this other forum I belong to www.dpreview.com , they have a review database on most camera models.
Rob

I have had excellent results with the Canon Powershot line of point and shoot digital cameras.

I agree with Marcos. I just bought a new Canon PowerShot and its incredible. It was pretty expensive, but well worth it and I got the insurance plan (knowing how likely I am to drop the dang thing).

Another vote for Canon. I love my Powershot.

art

I would stick with a Nikon or a Cannon. These guys have led the market when it comes to digital sensors. Personally, I would focus on optical zoom over pixels. When you start to get past 8MP you will not notice the difference in picture quality ( unless you are blowing pictures up to poster size or doing lots of photoshop work). By stepping down from the bleeding edge of 10+MP sensors you can put the money saved towards a high capacity memory card which will probably serve you better.

My P&S is a Canon A520, 4MP, 4x optical and it has served me well for many years. Nothing fancy but great quality pics. Look HERE and HERE for examples.

Good Luck!

I have an older Nikon Coolpix 5400 and it's been great. Mine was one that had a CCD sensor recall by Nikon. It got an improved CCD sensor, a full cleaning and calibration, out of warranty, at no cost to me. Works better than ever. Not only are the Nikon's solid cameras, but Nikon stands behind their stuff very well if something goes awry down the road. I have really grown to like the ergonomics and control layout of this camera.

Don't miss one of the best digital camera review sites on the web: Digital Photography Review. A great source for digital camera reviews.

Cheers - B.B.S.

Thanks for the help guys. I've decided to go with the Nikon. Can get it for just over 200 bucks and seems like quite the camera. I'm about to place the order and ill post a review of what I think when I get it.

CanonCanonCanonCanonCanonCanonCanonCanonCanonCanonCanonCanon :D

Jack

I have owned an Olympus stylus 710 for the past 3 yrs, without any problems. This is my 3rd olympus I have owned and would recommend them to anyone. But I am not an expert by any means, I would suggest just shop around at the different stores.

Heres a couple to consider:

Olympus stylus 8.0MP

Olympus Stylus 10.1 MP

Just placed the order.

Camera: $205
2GB SD card $15
$10 off promo code

Total: 218.00 shipped