• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need Charity suggestion from Military folk

jjdeadhead

Looking for a couple suggestions from our folks in the military. My lovely bride wants to make a donation in someone’s name for a Xmas gift this year. The person is a Military “buff” so she thought it would be a good idea to donate to a charity that the folks in the military appreciate.

Thanks and Peace

Toys for Tots, USMC is my favorite Christmas charity. And it's easy, buy a toy and bring to the local recruiter. It's the only time you'll see a Jarhead smile.

Doc.

X2 for Toys For Tots, we try to donate as much as we can to this every year. I think Kim drops a toy in at every box she shops near every time she goes shopping.

Anything anywhere that you contribute is appreciated. Trust me.

I'm going to chime in for Toys for Tots. Pure 100% everything goes to the kids, from americas finest.

A nice little side note. When my son was 3, we went to Toys R Us and the Marines were there. We told him to go ahead a pick a toy out for a little boy. He corrected me, and told me we had to get two toys. "One for a little boy, and one for a little girl". Gotta love the little ones.

I second the mentions of the Toys For Tots and USO recommendations. Both are very near and dear to my heart, and the Toys For Tots program alone is something I've been a part of for longer than I care to remember now...and will continue to do so. OPFTH is also outstanding.

Those mentioned, I would also recommend:

Wounded Marine

Marine Corps Support Foundation

Wounded Warrior

Soldier's Angels

Any Soldier

The Care Package Project

Operation PAL (part of the Marine Corps Parents site linked to above)

And, something more people can help out with than they might realize...scrounge up your old, discarded cell phones (and those of your family members and friends) and send to:

Cell Phones For Soldiers

Thank you for your thoughts/consideration in this gift. It's not only something I appreciate, but I know our fellow servicemen and women appreciate it even more.

Semper Fi.

I was going to chime in here, but you guys covered it pretty good.

Thanks in advance for whatever you decide.

Those are some great ideas and very generous!

A generous BOTL got me started with: "Make a wish Foundation"! It's always about the kids!

Red Cross because of all of the bad storms!

This is where I went too!

Thanks for all the input, great suggestions.

We already do Toys For Tots drop-offs but can you mail in a check in someone's name? And someone mentioned Operation From The Heart, they have a continuous presence at work so I know their work and contribute to them.

We use anysoldier.com. You can go so far as to pick which service, as well as who you would like to send to. Great program.