• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need help and input on sending package to troops

Matthew Adam

I recently hit a big purchase here locally, 6 humidors and a ton of cigars. I have one large 6 ft humi and 1 3 ft. set up, the others are being sold later on. The ones I have set up are literally packed with cigars. Too packed I would think, I need to thin it out.
Plus I have a bunch of flavored not even in humi. right now. That's ok in this humidity, but come fall my room gets drier and I don't want them to just sit there and get ruined. Any more than most of you guys think flavored cigars were ruined the moment they were created :D :rolleyes:( :

Now, there's a bunch in there I'll smoke, but there's a bunch I probably won't. I'm too new to the site to sell or trade, so I want to move some of these along at least to someone who will enjoy them. Not sure anyone here will be too into whatever I'm not into anyway.

I have a couple needs and questions.
Is it bad form to send lower end smokes to the troops, and flavoreds? If it's not cool, I won't do it. I'm not a rich guy, so I can't send high end stuff. But I can put together a starter package of 100 or so low end ones, possibly followed later on by another 1-200.

Next question would be, can someone hook me up with an address, or be a go between to see these get to the right place? I'd prefer Afghanistan, but if anyone knows where they would be appreciated most (where times are toughest or the job is dirtiest), that's what I am most into. It would be mostly bundled Thompson stuff and flavoreds.

Need help!

Anything is generally appreciated. The smokes usually get spread amongst quite a few joes, so cheap or flavored isn't a big deal.

I used to go down to the PX and catch the guys rolling in from smaller FOBs and just hand them a bag of smokes. Always got a smile and a thanks. I hope I made at least one night better for someone.

I can hook you up with an address in Afghanistan, as I'm sure many others can. Just ask... My buddy just got a package from Isy, so if there are others out there who haven't, they should be first in line.

John

Good to know, I will definitely send some out then.

I'd prefer to see if someone else has an addy if your guys are taken care of for now. Afghanistan is preferred, but more than anything I want them to go where they are most needed.

To answer in line with John, it doesn't matter what you send, dog rockets or premiums, because most of them will be better than none. I've handed out quite a few cigars I didn't think were great, like Connie #9's, 5Vegas Gold and Rocky Patel assortments to Soldiers who typically smoke cigarettes, and they all came back, "wow sir, that was an amazing cigar!" So YMMV. I'm not above an Acid myself, so even those of us who smoke pretty regularily out here enjoy a flavored cigar now and again.

I won't give you my address because there are a ton of cigar clubs that are flush with freebies here in Baghdad. I will give you an address to an outpost down south if you want it though.

100 going out to Isy's first address, another 100 going out to Kid Montana's addy.
And another 75 going out to a second addy from Isy, once he gets me back with the addy. All packed and mailing out today. Thanks for the addresses guys.

100 going out to Isy's first address, another 100 going out to Kid Montana's addy.
And another 75 going out to a second addy from Isy, once he gets me back with the addy. All packed and mailing out today. Thanks for the addresses guys.

Incoming, Matt. And thank you again for doing this. You're a GREAT American!

Excellent way to show some support! Well played!

No, thank YOU Matt. Since we're not allowed to drink alcohol or screw out here, a lot of Soldiers turn to a nice "seegar" as the next best thing. :laugh:

Smokes on the way.
Thanks for the good words guys, just doing something nice for someone out there hopefully..

Matthew - as a proud Marine dad, I wanted to offer my thanks for your support for the guys in the field. They are doing work that is to all our benefit, in some of the most hostile territory imaginable. Giving these brave patriots an hour of down time is a worthy and fantastic gift to send along.

My sincere thanks.....B.B.S.

my brother always appreciated getting a good smoke when he was in Iraq . . . and I'm sure I will when I make it over to Afghanistan in a couple of years!

this was a great thing to do! props to the OP!

Matthew,

Thank you for this generous act. Having recently returned from Iraq I can tell you that every cigar will be greatly appreciated by everyone, no matter the quality.