• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need help Identifying cigars

mtschust

I have a bunch of cigars in my humidor that were gifts that I am trying to identify. Aside from the label I don't know exactly what cigar it is and how much it is worth. There are a handful of ISOM's that I am not sure of either . The only method that I have tried is snapping a picture of the cigar and trying to look it up on the internet which has not been going well. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Snap a photo of each cigar next to a ruler. Post pics. Wait for answers.

Wilkey

That is going to be quite alot of pictures. 50 or more I am going to start tonight

And throw a quarter next to the ruler for guage measurements.

Do inches come in different sizes? :0

We use Canadian inches up here in Nova Scotia! :thumbs:

Are those Canadian quarters in metric too?
Pictures are always well received here, and you know, you could put more than one cigar in a photo. (But just one quarter) :D

Make sure you get express written consent before using the quarter, though.

Can't really tell because the length is cut off the cigars in the pic

What you need to do is get a handy little ring guage/ruler card, such as one I have from Cigar Aficianado. That way all you need to do is check the length, and approx. ring guage, then compare to the reference threads here, or go to a site like Cigars International, and start researching to find out what each cigar is.

Those Fuentes for example can easily be identified just by looking at the Fuente Reference thread pinned at the top of this forum.

Looks like a Montecristo Platinum (2005) and 2 Cigares de Arts Montecristo Belacoso Largos (7x52 ) circa 2004 in the middle, maybe an AF 858 on the bottom

Here are a few cigars to start with. I am sure most of you will recognize them and their value.

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0858qk1.jpg
Well, if he had a 858 SG I would be surprised due to it's rarity. But I really think it is the Churchill SG; you can see that it is a little longer than the Cigares de Arts which is 7". And I'm guessing the Churchill over the Chateau Fuente Royal Salute from estimating it's ring gauge compared to the Cigares de Arts. YMMV.

But definitely go w/ Gonz's suggestion and get a ring guage sizer. :thumbs:

Looks like a Montecristo Platinum (2005) and 2 Cigares de Arts Montecristo Belacoso Largos (7x52 ) circa 2004 in the middle, maybe an AF 858 on the bottom

Here are a few cigars to start with. I am sure most of you will recognize them and their value.

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0858qk1.jpg
Well, if he had a 858 SG I would be surprised due to it's rarity. But I really think it is the Churchill SG; you can see that it is a little longer than the Cigares de Arts which is 7". And I'm guessing the Churchill over the Chateau Fuente Royal Salute from estimating it's ring gauge compared to the Cigares de Arts. YMMV.

But definitely go w/ Gonz's suggestion and get a ring guage sizer. :thumbs:

Bottom one in the first link looks to be a Hemingway Classic or Signature. Note the taper at the foot.