• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some info on some Don Peppin's

W

These specific cigars are called Don Pepin and they were made exclusivly for The Wine House located in West Los Angeles.

How come my B&M (Old Virginia Tobacco) has them as well if that is the case?

No clue. That is what the guy who is in charge of the humidor told me.

Look at the boxes in my pictures are they exactly the same?

OHHH guess what I found out today????

One of our reps, Ryan Pohler, who reps Tropical Cigars came in today and we got to talking about Pepins, JFR's and stuff like that.

So I pull out the box of maduros you sold me. In the box was one of the naturals as well. He goes wow never seen these before, but they must be old because they have the old Tropical logo on the band. So he calls the president of Tropical cigars on his cell phone and asks him if he remembers the smokes. Ryan describes the box and he says yeah he remembers these cigars,they havent produced these cigars for...........

Drumroll please.............

4 YEARS!!!!!!!!They haven't used that logo in that long. He said they were made just for The Wine House. So our rep asked if maybe they had some more of these sticks laying around the warehouse, and he said he would check and get back with us.

Oh and the blend is Criollo '98 with a Corojo'98 wrapper, on both the natural and maduro. This was one of Pepins first blends after coming to the U.S.

Very nice find my friend, very nice. Now its gonna be even harder to smoke these very delicious, and apparently very aged rare smokes.

I smoked one of the 10 maduros I got from Josh yesterday. It was a VERY nice cigar! I've gifted a couple of these away already, but I'll be hanging onto the rest of the ones I've got. :thumbs: