• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some recommendations for Petite Coronas

FlyFish

Looking for recommendations for good PC's of the Non-Habano variety. Our "domestic" manufacturers seem to ignore these little gems. Anyone know of any good ones.

RP sungrown. The selects ain't bad either, and a lot cheaper.

Doc.

Two good ones were mentioned above, Tatuaje Noellas and VSG Tres Mystique. If you can find Tatuaje Noellas Reserva even better.

Then of course are the old standards, the Opus #4 (and #5) and the Padron Principe. Also, the LG Diez Oriental and the La Flor Dominicana Ligero Cabinet Oscuro 200 (cheapie but goodie). The Don Carlos #4 is a PC size, in a belicoso shape; Joya de Nicaragua Antano Machito is a litle firecracker (not much complexity though, especially young).

Pretty good ones there!

In addition to the Noellas already mentiond, Try the Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles- tasty little suckers. On the cheaper side, you cannot go wrong with the Plasencia TKOs.

Thanks for asking the question. I recently traded for a couple of Noellas and am looking forward to smoking them. It is difficult to find that sort of a smoke in an NC. There are plenty of great C options but alas they are not legal. I have from time to time bought some of the Punch Coronations as inexpensive short smokes, but the flavor and the quality varies and therefore, sometimes they are nice, somtimes they are not so good, but for the inexpensive side of a smaller corona they are ok.

Thanks for asking the question. I recently traded for a couple of Noellas and am looking forward to smoking them. It is difficult to find that sort of a smoke in an NC. There are plenty of great C options but alas they are not legal.

That's my problem. There will be no more "C"'s for a while so I'm looking for alternatives for my drive home. Probably half my stash is PC or TPC in size.

Thanks all for the recommendations, there have been many mentioned that will be on my 2007 shopping list. Especially those Tatahoooeys. I don;t care for the VSG's flavor or price and the Principe is just too much $$$ but you guys have put me onto many others that I haven't tried.

A shade smaller than PC, but I really like the Sosa Exclusive Petit Cetros in maduro.

....and the Principe is just too much $$$....
Try one, and you may change your mind.... :cool:

Got a box of the natural wrapper version and they are one of my fave AM with coffee smokes.... :thumbs: Singles are available from a number of good merchants....worth a go, IMHO.

Regards - B.B.S.

....and the Principe is just too much $$$....
Try one, and you may change your mind.... :cool:

Got a box of the natural wrapper version and they are one of my fave AM with coffee smokes.... :thumbs: Singles are available from a number of good merchants....worth a go, IMHO.

Regards - B.B.S.

I've had a bunch of them, probably a couple boxes over the years but a new house and tuition has placed the cigar budget pretty low on the pole, LOL.

I love them, esp the Maduro, but 8 or 9 bucks is just too much for a teeny-bopper, IMO.

I'm on a PC kick right now, and would second the RP Sungrown and the Tatuaje H6 Angeles as they are my "go-tos" for the time being.

I recently had a Punch Rare Corojo PC, but wasn't that impressed...

(EDIT: Why do I always think the line is called "Havana IV"??? Also, the Punch I had was a Robusto, and not a PC like I had thought....)

I love the PC size for a quick afterwork/evening smoke!
You can't go wrong with Padron 26 #35's, but a little spendy! The CAO Bazilia Pirhana is a damn good smoke IMO!!!

The little La Flor Dominicana Ligero with the Oscuro wrapper is a pretty nice smoke. I forget the number of it off the top of my head.

The little La Flor Dominicana Ligero with the Oscuro wrapper is a pretty nice smoke. I forget the number of it off the top of my head.

#200, 4.88 x 40. And yes, it is pretty nice!

LFD El Jocko Maduro
CAO Piranha and the even smaller ones in the tins
Davidoff Mille
Cupido Knuckle
AF Short Story and Best Seller and Petite Corona(duh)

And here's a bunch:

http://www.top25cigar.com/reviewdatabase/t...le=Petit+Corona

BTW, there are inexpensive ISOMs that size like Piedras and Quinteros for 50 to 60 bucks a bundle.

the padron delicias is alittle bit bigger at 4 7/8x46 but VERY good! Also, a boxcan be had for $55

the padron delicias is alittle bit bigger at 4 7/8x46 but VERY good! Also, a boxcan be had for $55
True dat - and what are the ones a little smaller still? londres! and they both come nat and mad, too!