• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need your opinion please

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I'm launching a new updated version of CP. Should we keep the current style or go with the new style? Please post your comments on which one you like better.

Thanks.

VERSION 1
cp1.jpg

VERSION 2
cp2.jpg

definitely the new one...it looks much cleaner and has that "new" look.

nice work

VERSION 2!! Looks real spiffy like!!

The new version is very good looking; I'm impressed anyway. I would move the Google bar to the bottom, though. It seems out of place.

I like the NEW page better Rod. But also agree that the google search should be at the bottom.

NEW!!

If Google gives you MORE MONEY to have it up top, then leave it there. :D

Sounds like #2 is winning, so we'll move ahead with that one. Nope, I don't make a penny off of google. The search bar is only there for your convienance, in case you wish to make CP your homepage, it's also your search page. I'll be more than happy to move the search bar down towards the bottom.

Keep your opinion's coming please. The more feedback I get the better the site we produce.

Thanks guys!
Rod

Wildcard said:
The new version is very good looking; I'm impressed anyway. I would move the Google bar to the bottom, though. It seems out of place.
I totally agree with Wildcard.
Looks great, just move Google to the bottom.

#2 and no google gets my vote.

#2 looks cool to me too. Like they say, change is good..... :) :thumbs: :)

I like the looks of the newer version.

My first thought before reading the other posts was, the Google bar looked out of place. Just my $.02.

Thanks for a great site. :thumbs:

gkpk said:
Wildcard said:
I totally agree with Wildcard.
Looks great, just move Google to the bottom.
I agree with this too. Moove the google to the bottom.

The new version is great.

I agree with AVB that google can just be lost; that is what the browser's search function and Google/Teoma too bars are for.

Were I pressed to choose, I'd pick #2 as well, but I think they both could use some work.

However, since I can't even remember the last time I want to the home page as opposed to directly to the forums, I suppose it doesn't really matter. :)

If you really do want specific feedback, what I don't like about #2 is:

-- The color scheme on the CigarPass logo is a little odd. Black, reddish/brown, and blue text

-- Under the "original and official" logo, the words "Cigar Pass Web site" are not easily readable due to the gradient used in them

-- The "cigar pass" "community" "cigar links" and "forum stats" are too cartoonish, and done in a typeface that doesn't mesh with any of the others in use

-- Centered text looks nice, but is generally harder to read then left-justified (for the links on the left)

-- Given that I think most people use the forums more than anything else, perhaps the links at the left should be drop-down menus that appear compactly below the main logo on every page, including the forums. This probably would make a lot more people aware of the other links/resources that CigarPass provides beyond the forums. Nav bars serve two purposes: to let people easily know where they are, and let them easily navigate to other places on the site. If they aren't persistent on every page, they are less useful, IMHO.

-- Someone seems to like "text on a path", looking at the various graphics on page #2; it could work if there was some consistency in how it was utilized

-- Drop shadows are used inconsistently; they are present on some things, lacking on others... and seem to be a bit too prominent below some of the smaller text graphics

Overall, I think perhaps it could just benefit from more consistency in terms of color schemes, fonts, layout, and design for the graphics. I also think a site-wide nav bar that appeared on the forums would also benefit you, because it would make people aware of all of the resources the site has to offer.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that few people here ever hit the main page, so that the nav bar is there isn't particularly doing a whole lot.