• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need your recomendation to select some smokes

VotTak

Reaction score
I'm sure that a lot of post like this here...
Cigars are not cheap and it takes a lot of resources till you try a lot and pick something you might like.
Here I would like to list some sticks I like:
Bolivar PC( spicy and powerfull... and not really short )
Partagas SP2( got power, very enjoyable )
HdM PC( rather medium, frutty and very tasty )

And here some I tried which I do not like:
PSD#4( no spice, no power, no taste... maybe in sick period?)
Cuaba Exclusivos( first pufs were not bad but after that it was just disappontment)
PASS( no power, I found nothing I would like to find in this stick )
Partagas Coronas Senior( again full disappointment )
Romeo y Julieta Romeo No. 3 (T.A.)( same as previous )

So, here are some sticks which I found well worth money and some which I'd rather never bought.

Question is... Can you make a recomendadtion, so I would decrease amount of money spent on something I will not like and put my money for stick which worth my money?

I appreciate all your comments and suggestions. Thank you very much.
In case such a posts are not allowed... Please lock it.

P.S. I do understand that some sticks I did not like might be in sick period, but still...
P.S. #2 If we would talk about N/C... I found that I usually like sticks on stronger/spicier side although not all of them. This would include Trilogy Corojo(old blend), GR#5, DC Maximus, CAO Brasilia, Don Lino Africa, FCB (from UM), Perdomo Cabinet Selection Maduro. Just naming these, so, you can get an idea of my tasting profile.

Hi VotTak,

If you have a chance, I think you should try Monte - No. 4 & Sancho Panza - Non Plus. There are the two best PC I ever tasted, better than Bolivar PC, IMHO. All my friends like them too.

Habana sure to please and deliver that special twang assortment:

Cohiba Siglo 1
RyJ Cazadores
Partagas Coronas
San Cristobal La Punta
Sancho Panza Beli
Bolivar Corona Junior

Without too much difficulty - you will be able to get all of the above with a little age - at least 2+ yrs...

Non-Cuban = PADRON
Their Padron Anniversario Maduro Serie 1964- Torpedo or Imperial - DELICIOUS

or even the "regular" line 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000 --delicious and not expensive

If you want power, you should try the Partagas 898 Varnished and the Bolivar Belicosos Finos. If you like the PSP2, then you should also like the Monte #2. Vegas Robaina Unicos and Famosos are also excellent medium bodied cigars. For a cigar that has a very prominent chocolate flavor, try the RyJ Cedros no.3, this cigar is light to medium bodied, but find one with some age, and you'll definitely get a tasty cigar.

Your best bet would be buy a sampler of the smokes you would like to try off someone here on the board. You could get 2-3 of each smoke which should be enought to decide whether you like them or not

Fast4Dr said:
Your best bet would be buy a sampler of the smokes you would like to try off someone here on the board. You could get 2-3 of each smoke which should be enought to decide whether you like them or not
[snapback]254522[/snapback]​

Well... Just got myself a cab of Boli PC, so, I guess, I'm done for this month.
But your idea is very good. I believe an excellent idea.

Just do not want to be overcharged. :cool:

VotTak said:
Fast4Dr said:
Your best bet would be buy a sampler of the smokes you would like to try off someone here on the board.  You could get 2-3 of each smoke which should be enought to decide whether you like them or not

[snapback]255747[/snapback]​

I wouldn't worry about being overcharged by a member in good standing of this board. Just keep an eye on the sales going on for a sampler. If it's not a good deal whoever posted it will get called out real quick.

Some of these have already been mentioned:

Bolivar Belicosos Finos
Vegas Robaina Unicos
San Cristobal De La Habana La Punta and El Principe

As others have said, samplers are an excellent way to try different sticks. Good luck; the only way you will find what you like it to try them - we can only make suggestions and your preferences/perceptions will invariably be different from ours!

While this may not be a full bodied cigar, I'd still recommend that you try it; RyJ Exhibicion No. 4

Saint Luis Rey Serie A
San Cristobal de la Habana La Fuerza
Vegas Robaina Famosos

There are lots of other I like but I doubt you would so I'm not going to mention those.

VotTak said:
Fast4Dr said:
Your best bet would be buy a sampler of the smokes you would like to try off someone here on the board.  You could get 2-3 of each smoke which should be enought to decide whether you like them or not

[snapback]255747[/snapback]​

Well, that's all in YOUR control now isn't it? You seem to know what the prices should be so if someone offers you a sampler where he "overchagres" you, then YOU don't send him the money.

I really appreciate all your responses.
Thank you very much.
:)
Now I have to try all that recommended(and some which was not recommended yet) stuff.
:cool:
Looks like a long road in front of me.
:whistling:

Well, that's all in YOUR control now isn't it? You seem to know what the prices should be so if someone offers you a sampler where he "overchagres" you, then YOU don't send him the money.

Is he in control or you.

Great King Rat said:

Is he in control or you.
[snapback]261150[/snapback]​

:rolleyes:

:laugh:

Hah... I will not send money to anyone this time as I overspend my budget anyway.
Although... I start thinking about Sancho Panza Non Plus from 98...
What's your opinion on these?(Or should I ask this question in sepatare thread?)