• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Netflix and other shows you are watching

I have been meaning to check this out for years. I'm basically with MTM right now (Curb, True Detective, Masters of air) but Brothers Sun and Reacher were both fun. How can you not have a good time with Thad Castle playing Reacher? My wife watches a lot of reality housewives trash, I tend towards erm... real shows done well, but I also feel it is important to pepper in corny/over the top stuff to bother her and properly balance the scales when we watch things together.

Oh I also picked up "For all Mankind" on Apple, which has been solid so far (only in first season).
For all mankind is one of the better ones on apple imo. I’ve tried watching some of the other ones and they are good, but not like this one. I forget the name of the one with the babysitter who brings the baby back to life or something? Big name director, but after the first season I was just watching the rest to get to the end of it.

My daughter and I saw "Madam Webb" on base tonight. It was as comically bad as everyone says it is. I mean, that's why we wanted to see it -- so, if you know what you are getting into then you might get some entertainment out of it.

Tonight my wife and I went to see "American Fiction" on base. I really like Jeffery Wright, and he was fantastic in this. It's a bit of a slog out of the gate, but there is humor throughout and it eventually picks up.

My daughter and I saw "Madam Webb" on base tonight. It was as comically bad as everyone says it is. I mean, that's why we wanted to see it -- so, if you know what you are getting into then you might get some entertainment out of it.
That’s the one where a dude was arrested at the premier for furiously churning his butter I think

True Detective: Night Country. A pretty good addition to the TD series, not better than season 1 but not as bad as season 2. My main issue was how hard they tried connecting it to season1. TD is an anthology series, so each season should be it's own thing.

So, the wife wanted to start "The Gentleman" on Netflix. I hadn't heard of it or seen any ads for it, so I agreed.

I quickly realized that this series felt a lot like some last 90's/00's movies - Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two smoking barrels. After it was done, I saw that Guy Ritchie was the director and it all made sense.

If you like that type of movies, this series is great.

So, the wife wanted to start "The Gentleman" on Netflix. I hadn't heard of it or seen any ads for it, so I agreed.

I quickly realized that this series felt a lot like some last 90's/00's movies - Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two smoking barrels. After it was done, I saw that Guy Ritchie was the director and it all made sense.

If you like that type of movies, this series is great.
Guy Ritchie still got it! I don't know which version i like more. This series, or the movie. Guy never misses. He's like the British Quentin Tarantino

I'm enjoying the hell out of Shogun on Hulu right now. If you have Disney+ it's definitely worth adding Hulu for the run. Plus you can watch Prey while you're at it.

Just started Britannia on Prime. Let me just say, for those of you who don't know, I'm a practicing Heathen, which mostly involves a fuckton of research into early northern European life, folkways & culture & hooo, buddy. Talk about straight from the Dept. of Making Shit Up! 🤣

I mean. We know exactly ZERO about the actual Druids, but I think I I can confidently assert that they bore NO resemblance to a NorCal meth commune. 🤣

For all that it's a pretty good watch so far.

~Boar

Wife watched the tourist, I fell asleep during the first episode and lost interest.

We'll have to check this one out.
I liked the Gentlemen better than the Tourist but the Tourist had a better twist at the end......The Gentlemen ending was somewhat predicable.

If you aren't watching Shōgun, you need to be.

A while back "Pan Am" was discussed. I finally watched the pilot episode that I've had in my YouTube que for some time. I wanted to love it... or at least like it -- I live for aviation culture in all forms. Despite Margot Robbie, Kelli Garner, and Karine Vanesse (as well as David Harbour doing two different accents), I just couldn't get into it. I may give episode 2 a shot, but it's not something I'm rushing to do.

Just finished Tokyo Vice season 2, It was a great season that tied up a lot plot points started in S1, yet left a few things opened if there is a Season 3.

Netflix, series called Sweet Tooth. Extremely well done, great scenery of the Rocky's and Yellowstone and a good plot involving a new virus and to change things up, hybrids. Many surprises and twists, but the actors are great and a lively plot. Comsidering Covid, this adds a new dimension that is believable. Highly recommend you view the first episode.

Wife and watch both of those and are now 3 into the "3 Body Problem" which is also worth a watch.
We finished '3 Body Problem' and really liked it. Smart Sci-Fi; no gunning down aliens (which is still fine) but much more of a 'real' sci-fi series. If you like the genera, it's a great watch.

Last edited:
I haven’t found myself hooked on shogun yet. Just started watching Palm Royale. It’s interesting if you like that 60s vibe lol. Just something as a holdover while I wait for the next Manhunt episode.

A while back "Pan Am" was discussed. I finally watched the pilot episode that I've had in my YouTube que for some time. I wanted to love it... or at least like it -- I live for aviation culture in all forms. Despite Margot Robbie, Kelli Garner, and Karine Vanesse (as well as David Harbour doing two different accents), I just couldn't get into it. I may give episode 2 a shot, but it's not something I'm rushing to do.

It gets more densely plotted, I guess you'd say, as it goes along. Several story arcs & subplots, the CIA, that sort of thing. I haven't finished the season because other stuff came along, and also because it's only ONE season & they clearly would need more than that to wrap up the plotlines already in the air. But I'll probably dip back into it eventually for Robbie.

~Boar

Netflix, series called Sweet Tooth. Extremely well done, great scenery of the Rocky's and Yellowstone and a good plot involving a new virus and to change things up, hybrids. Many surprises and twists, but the actors are great and a lively plot. Comsidering Covid, this adds a new dimension that is believable. Highly recommend you view the first episode.
My wife and I got into this when it debuted probably two years ago, or so. Has there ever been a second season made of it? I'd definitely have to go back and review the first season, but we really enjoyed it.