• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Never smoked an Anejo

LouieNY

Wine Lover
Reaction score
I smoke Opus all the time but never tried an Anejo, I never see them around actually. Question is, how different of a taste is there between the 2 cigars. And is it something I really need to seek out?

I can't wait for the herf next weekend. My first cigar on the linup is a shark.

They are two different blends. With a diffeent wrapper. Hence...different cigar. But absolutely fantastic. :thumbs: When you find them, buy them. If you like Opus strength and richness then you will find this to be just another addiction on the road to total bankruptcy (sp?). Sound fun? :whistling:

-Fetter

I agree with Fetter on this one. I'd say the Anejo has more of a sweetness to it than the Opus but they're both just wonderful. If you find 'em, get 'em. You'll always be able to trade/pass them if you decide they're not for you. Although I doubt that'll happen! I love 'em and have been hoarding mine due to limited availability. I've heard this year's usual holiday shipment has been significantly reduced due to the GOF using the bulk of the same stock. Not sure if this is true but it's something I've heard.

I've never smoked one either. Please send me 5 each for testing purposes :p

bfreebern said:
[snapback]249555[/snapback]​

me too :laugh:

Seriously though i have never tried one either. I have one sitting in the humi waiting for a special occasion :rolleyes:

I have never tried any of these either, but have several in the humi with about a year of age on them. How long do you all recommend they be aged before I burn one?

CYG

bfreebern said:
[snapback]249555[/snapback]​
Never smoked one either, however, I don't want to be greedy,
suspicious.gif
just two for testing proposes will be sufficient.

Dang, I did a search of my usual suppliers these are a bit tough to find?

I had one a few weeks ago and the flavor was great. It was kinda strong for a newbie like me though. My head was spinning for a while. That's not to say that I wouldn't smoke another.

I guess I am not the only one to haver never tried one.... It almost seems that it is easier to find a needle in the haystack. ;)

Their good...similar in spiciness to the Opus, but a little more mellow and has a slightly sweet finish.

Shiba said:
I guess I am not the only one to haver never tried one.... It almost seems that it is easier to find a needle in the haystack. ;)
[snapback]249627[/snapback]​
No, you are not the only one...
They are unavailable in my area.

LouieNY said:
I smoke Opus all the time but never tried an Anejo, I never see them around actually. Question is, how different of a taste is there between the 2 cigars. And is it something I really need to seek out?
[snapback]249521[/snapback]​

They suck... don't bother :whistling:

moki said:
LouieNY said:
[snapback]249521[/snapback]​

They suck... don't bother :whistling:
[snapback]249664[/snapback]​

Like you'd ever have any trouble getting ahold of these moki! :rolleyes:

Seriously though guys. One of my local B&Ms seems to always have at least a few stashed away for those of us he decides to let know about 'em so I'm sure I could get my hands on some if it's that important but you'd have to pay the wonderful MN prices. :thumbs: