• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NEW 2009 SRT8 Challenger Sells for $29.1K on Ebay - Dealer Tries

N2Advnture

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/new-2009-srt8-challenger-sells-29-1k-34598/

Original Ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390166094286

See our other listings
Disclaimer: This auction is a legally binding contract to buy this vehicle. All vehicles are sold as-is unless otherwise specified. I have done my best to accurately describe this vehicle. It is up to the buyer to come see and further inspect the car before the end of the auction.
What side are you on?

If they don't make good on this the bad publicity that is brewing could really hurt them. If they were smart they would have turned this into some good publicity. It may not be too late if they make it right and jump on the opportunity to grab some business.

Looks like the dealer really screwed up on that listing from what I have read, the Ebay listing is down now so it looks like the dealer canceled their seller acct and ran. If it were me if they didn't honor the legal binding contract by me winning the auction I think I would have to drive my Super Duty right into their showroom right after I contacted a lawyer of course...

Sent the link to a buddy of mine who's a deputy attorney and used to work for the DOJ here in CA. Don't know if anything will come of it, but figured they'd all like to know a company was actively screwing with a citizen.

I would get the best lawyer that I could and make sure that I owned the dealership after this....

Anyone know what's come of this? I didn't wade through 56 pages on the forum.

Didn't go through all 56 pages, but it looks like the guy went down to the dealership with all of his paperwork and the dealer told him that there was no way he was getting the car for the price the auction went for.

It looks like a lot of forums are catching onto this (From the Challenger site...Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1901 (87 members and 1814 guests)), and the stealership (no that wasn't a typo) is getting a bunch of s#hit for it. I guess people have even notified news stations about this hoping to get some additional publicity about the dealer.

I really hope this guy gets the car for the contract price. I have a feeling that this dealer will not be around much longer if they keep getting all of the bad publicity...

ETA: Just saw there are over 200 forums that have publicly supported the purchaser (HITMAN) and many news stations have heard of this. There are also people bombing the corporate headquarters email system with emails about the injustice that is being done here.

ALSO - This is the email of the person that was handling the sale. kori@getdodge.com If you feel the need to send her an email...

SF Examiner did a story on this already!

Back