• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New boxes

cloudsofcuba

Does everyone just put their new boxes of cigar in their humidors after purchase? I believe I've read on site that JR ships their cigars really wet. I am about to place an order with them and I just wanted to know if there is a certain way to go about a new box before I place it in my humi.

Step 1 - Take off any plastic wrap... if you wish.
Step 2 - Find a spot in humidor/cooler... or whatever the hell you store your boxes in.
Step 3 - Insert box.
Step 4 - Close the lid.
Step 5 - Fugget about em until this summer.

Step 1 - Open box
Step 2 - Remove five sticks, send em to me
Step 3 - This air space will allow for better aging
Step 4 - Close the lid
Step 5 - Fugget about em until this summer.

Step 1 - Remove cello from box.
Step 2 - Open box
Step 3 - Remove one stick from the top layer, and one from the bottom layer. If there's a cedar spacer in the bottom, I take it out too.
Step 4 - Space the cigars out a bit to take advantage of the extra room. This air space will allow for slightly better aging
Step 5 - Close the lid.
Step 6 - One single goes in your desktop / singles drawer / wherever.
Step 7 - One single gets sacrificed to the gods of fire immediately. Got to have a point of reference, right?
Step 8 - Box back in your coolerdor / cabinet / wherever.
Step 9 - Fugget about the rest of 'em until this summer....or next summer....or as long from now as you can take..... :cool:

Step 1 - Remove cello from box.
Step 2 - Open box
Step 3 - Remove one stick from the top layer, and one from the bottom layer. If there's a cedar spacer in the bottom, I take it out too.
Step 4 - Space the cigars out a bit to take advantage of the extra room. This air space will allow for slightly better aging
Step 5 - Close the lid.
Step 6 - One single goes in your desktop / singles drawer / wherever.
Step 7 - One single gets sacrificed to the gods of fire immediately. Got to have a point of reference, right?
Step 8 - Box back in your coolerdor / cabinet / wherever.
Step 9 - Fugget about the rest of 'em until this summer....or next summer....or as long from now as you can take..... :cool:

Thats how I do it.