• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Distillery to open soon.

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
If he ever reads this I'd like to thank my contact at William Grant for this, you know who you are.

Taken from an internal memo:

MALT DISTILLERY FOR GIRVAN

As part of our commitment to maintain our position as the leading malt whisky player in the industry, I am pleased to confirm that William Grant & Sons will be
building a new malt distillery at the Girvan site, where the previous malt distillery, Ladyburn, ceased operations in 1974. The distillery will be located in the old Grangestone Grain building at Girvan and will allow us to increase our production capacity to ensure we can satisfy the growing demand for our award-winning blends in the years ahead. This significant investment follows the opening of the new office building, housing our new state-of-the-art laboratory, and reflects the company's continuing long-term commitment to our Girvan site and to our future as an independent player in an increasingly consolidated industry. The name of the new distillery is yet to be decided and there will be a competition for employees to name the distillery in the New Year. I am sure you will join me in wishing everyone involved every success with this new and exciting venture.

Roland van Bommel
CEO
William Grant & Sons
20 December 2006

Does this mean that said distillery will be selling malt whisky in say 8 to 10 years?

Quite entirely possible. Or it could be like the last one Wm. Grant built Kininvie, and they use the entire production in their blends with none being released as a single malt as of yet.

Does this mean that said distillery will be selling malt whisky in say 8 to 10 years?

The only single malt released to date (August 2006)from the Kininvie Distillery is the Hazelwood 105 Scotch, to commemerate the 105th birthday of the founder's only surviving grand-daughter.

It was given only to company employees.

Michael

Back